Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the FI c50 and live at 5000 feet if that matters...

This is more for hubby than me, HE wants the bike louder, drilled pipes sound almost the same to him - so

What pipes or pipe setup(any extra stuff needed?) would you recommend to get a nice deep rumble a harley guy would like? not just knock you over loud, but a nice combination of loud and rumble?

TY!

Catherine

·
Registered
54 Posts
The vance and hines Cruzers are a beautiful set of pipes...i love mine....they look and sound fantastic...but its a personal choice.
cheers

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
Another vote for the V&H Cruzers. But it's mostly personal preference - what do YOU think looks/sounds good?

Cricket

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hubby likes the V&H - truthfully i dont have a huge preference as to looks, i would like a great sound tho, ive listened to the clips in the vaults but there are no V&H there!

Thank you all for your suggestions!!

Catherine

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HOw do you see performance issues? I have read you should have crossover pipes to maintain performance, or a 2-1, although i dont know exactly what that means-

I will research the pipes you all have posted!

Catherine

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Post Hijack

Hey, I gave you my opinion on the Suzuki board. Did you notice they deleted the responses from 12 to 6. Guess they can't take some heat over there. :lol:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Post Hijack

bowtie18 said:
Hey, I gave you my opinion on the Suzuki board. Did you notice they deleted the responses from 12 to 6. Guess they can't take some heat over there. :lol:
yes i see that! I got a pm apologizing for the fiasco too-

I just want to get some opinions on pipes, the whole thing makes my head spin, lol- and i dont want to replace them and then find out ive lost power or am sputtering or my torque is....you know what i mean, lol- it is confusing to me...

Catherine

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
hmmmmmm

And I will still throw out, for that I really like my Vance and Hines Straight Shots. I've also like the DG Classic American Straights, but Redburd said they have an issue with how they are mounted.

I would say take your time making a choice until you get to see and hear your choices in person.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you!

How do you guys that have the 2-1s like them? In researching it seems they give the best performance in the aftermarket pipes- any soundclips of the jardine or roadhouse 2-1s?

catherine

·
Registered
129 Posts
Catherine said:
thank you!

How do you guys that have the 2-1s like them? In researching it seems they give the best performance in the aftermarket pipes- any soundclips of the jardine or roadhouse 2-1s?

catherine
I don't have any sound clips, but Roadhouse Classics are quieter than stock. They do have a nice deep rumble to them though.

Wild Man

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Born2bWild said:
Well it also doesn't sound like you care if you have different pipes or not..so tell hubby to worry about his OWN damn bike! :lol:
lol- i like a deep rumble too but dont want to sacrifice performance for it!

I have initiated all the other addons for it, lol- i can blame him for this expenditure and benefit from it too!

Catherine

·
Registered
129 Posts
Queen of the Hill said:
Roadhouse quieter than stock? Hmmm, not to my ears, LOL.
I guess that I don't remember exactly what stock sounds like. All I know is that I can barely hear my exhaust when I am riding in a group. When I am riding alone, it is just about the best sounding exhaust that I have ever heard.

Wild Man

1 - 18 of 18 Posts