Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a set of these tires for my C50 Boulevard and just wondered if anyone else is using these tires on their C50?..

Research finds lots of happy customers and only a few complaints and that's mainly from HD riders with the bigger heavier bikes!..

Anyone running them and have any pro's or con's about them?...

My bike is a November 2011 C50 first registered in 2012 with 6,800 km on the clock when i bought it and although the tires look like new they are 9 years old! So i thought i would replace them for safety's sake...

Bought new tubes to go with them too...:wayhappy:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Likely a good decision. The compound tends to get hard whether you ride them or not. Some brands are prone to cracking. I liked the Michelin Commander II tires. Wear was good and grip and ride was acceptable too. Hopefully you ride enough that you might wear out these in a year or two and you then might try something else. Lots to choose from. Some like white walls and you will have fewer choices then. Happy riding!

·
Registered
19,339 Posts
I ran the MT66 on my Savage. It was an OK tire, with adequate grip and wear. The issue I had was with the front tire. Despite having the tire properly balanced and paying attention to the inflation pressures, the front began to cup very badly around 5k miles and became dangerous to ride as it would set up oscillations in the handle bar when I would lean into corners. Not a confidence booster at all.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
I had a set on my C50.....decent tire. Good wet traction but they didn't last as long as I was hoping. About 8K on both if I remember correctly. The best tire I've ever found is Dunlop Road Smart III's. I had them on a Kawasaki KLE 650 LT. Don't know if they make a size to fit the C50.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have had 2 set of mt 66 for the money it is a good tire

·
Registered
141 Posts
...I liked the Michelin Commander II tires. Wear was good and grip and ride was acceptable too...
I'll second that.

I have Pirellis on my 2009 C50, a relatively new pair that came with the bike when I bought it in mid 2018. They're holding up fine so far but, as I posted once here preciously, they can be hit-or-miss on quality control based on my experience. You didn't make a bad decision: If the ones you bought are working out fine you're good to go. It's a well respected brand.

But, when my current set wear out I'm replacing them with Michelin Commander II's. I've used them before and I like them a lot.

·
Registered
19,339 Posts
Commander 2 or Metzler ME880/ME888 are the two best choices for tires, period.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts