Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm thinking I'd like to put on some pipes with fishtail tips. BUT, I don't want LOUD pipes. I like the quite rumble of the stock pipes and really wouldn't want to be much louder.

Question: Are there pipes available that will take fishtail tips, but won't be any louder than the stock pipes?

Question 2: Does changing pipes and re-jetting have any deleterious long term effects on the motor?

I've always thought the engineers who designed the motor and exhaust system did so with a specific amount of back pressure built in to the pipes. Changing the pipes will change the amount of back pressure that's exerted on the cylinders. Which in turn may change the efficiency of the motor. The question then is will this cause problems down the road.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
Ted Bell said:
zBassman said:
Question: Are there pipes available that will take fishtail tips, but won't be any louder than the stock pipes?
Sounds like Roadhouse pipes will fit the bill. I'll let someone else tackle your technical questions.
road house is what you want, check out pics from slimbone and swagfu (same pipes, they swapped).

do a search, slimbone had problems with the serrated (sp?) shields.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Metric Mob said:
Wildman, I just wanna say that is a really nice looking bike. You have done a great job in personalizing it.
Thanks and the same to you. Your flame job is awesome.

Wild Man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts