Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some recommendations on pipes for my 2015 C50T. It is awfully quiet for me and I would like to fix that. Music coming out of my fairing is louder than the bike itself by a decent margin (and I'm not blasting it too loud). I would prefer blacked out pipes with an easy install if possible. Most websites I see list pipes only compatible up to '09 but other threads here seem to indicate I can use those. Wanted to confirm before I end up wasting a couple hundred $$. Thanks!

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
They are all the same. Unless you have O2 sensors in the down pipe (you'll see it if you have it), then you can use an exhaust from 2001 and up. It really hasn't changed in almost 20 years.

FYI Small displacement engines sound like crap with most aftermarket pipes. They are loud, and in no way pleasant.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just purchased a 2010 M50 and the previous owner some how drilled out the baffles and it sounds nice. I used to have a Vulcan 800 and I put Cobra pipes on it and it was too loud and I always got pops on decel. I would say only buy aftermarket if either you are ok with the pops on decel or with a fuel processor. For me that route is expensive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm judging by the information I've gathered on here it seems like it might not be worth the time, effort, and money to do this. Wasn't expecting it to sound like a bigger bike on the road just wanted it to be louder. My club does go on long rides very regularly so if its going to make an annoying sound I think I will pass.

·
Super Moderator
58,132 Posts
Hmm judging by the information I've gathered on here it seems like it might not be worth the time, effort, and money to do this. Wasn't expecting it to sound like a bigger bike on the road just wanted it to be louder. My club does go on long rides very regularly so if its going to make an annoying sound I think I will pass.
Good call. Aftermarket pipes are annoying on a C50/Volusia plus if there isn't a fuel processor raw fuel flies out at the rider behind the noisy stinky bike. Save your accessory money for your next bike which will most likely be a larger displacement.

·
Registered
30 Posts
They are all the same. Unless you have O2 sensors in the down pipe (you'll see it if you have it), then you can use an exhaust from 2001 and up. It really hasn't changed in almost 20 years.

FYI Small displacement engines sound like crap with most aftermarket pipes. They are loud, and in no way pleasant.
not my cobra pipes.they are loud and freakin awesome.sound like harley pipes without the tin echo sound...at least on my bike lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts