Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am thinking of removing the rear seat from my black c50. Does anyone have any pictures of what this looks like when finished. Also, what did you put in its place? After searching the forum I saw that some of you used a bib on the fender. Any pics of those as well? I liked the pics of the chrome bibs but they don't seem to make those any more. I thought a black one would have been sweet. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Aaron

·
Registered
452 Posts
Stock Saddle with Grasshopper Backrest
Before:

After:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Blinky. I definitely think it looks cool without the rear seat. Did you have to remove anything besides the seat? There is some sort of slide it rest in correct? Is that easy to remove as well?
Thanks,
Aaron

·
Registered
452 Posts
The back of the rear seat is held on with the one Allen bolt you can see. The strap and tab that hold the front of the rear seat in place are one piece and mount with the two Allen bolts that hold down the front seat. Take five minutes and you will see how it comes apart. dead easy. I would suggest that you use a little anti-seize grease on the Allen bolts when you put it back together.

Good hunting

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the great pics and motivation to move forward with the seat removal this weekend. I will be sure to post before and after pics in this thread. I still have to decide what if anything to put in its place but it should look cool either way. You guys all have great looking bikes. I could make a calendar out of all those cool pics. :shades:

·
Registered
89 Posts
image.jpg

My bike has already been in a "Calendar Girls movie" type topless Calendar. It was produced by local women to raise funds for military veterans.
Here's the pic

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
do you guys know where to find a solo rack for a 2014 c50? I like the idea behind this product but cant find it for the newer fender.
Thanks,
Aaron

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
So.....You NEVER plan on someone riding behind you. That is so totally sad.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts