Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I’ll be damned, it worked! My C50 T is a 2009 with 32000 miles on her, and she looks and runs like the day she came out of the showroom. The Kawasaki Vulcan S is my new scoot, she has 700 miles on her, and just got her first service. The scoots have names, the Boulevard’s name is Stevie, she’s all stock except for a set of Cobra pipes, and crash bars, a nice chrome rack in place of the passenger seat, and a K&N air filter. The Kawasaki Vulcan S is all stock, and her name is Pearl.
Paul

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Nice pair of toys, Paul. Lots to enjoy.

Tell us a little about the Vulcan S. How's it ride and handle, compared to the C50?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it’s 180 degrees different, the C50 is bigger, heavier, not as maneuverable, but more comfortable.
It’s the scoot I would take on a long trip. The Vulcan S is lighter, 496 lbs, more powerful 61 horse power it has the 650 Ninja engine but it’s detuned by 6 horse power, and has a 6 speed transmission. She’s really maneuverable, it handles more like a sport bike than a cruiser, because of that it’s an easy scoot to ride. It’s a really fun scoot to take on roads with fast tight curves. For a 650 it’s flat out fast, 13.2 second 1/4 mile and 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. I’m really happy with this bike so far, about the only complaint I have is it’s really quiet, I have a 36% hearing loss, so I’m sure that adds to it. When the scoot is off warranty I’m gonna put a 2 brothers exhaust on it, that will make her louder, and add about 4 horse power to boot. I’m one of the old coots, so I don’t, and won’t beat on her, she redlines at 10,500 RPM’s but I won’t even bring her close to that, but it’s nice having that much power if you ever need it to get you out of trouble. I think the Boulevard is a classier lookin scoot, I like a lot of chrome, but I think because of that the two scoots compliment each other.
Paul

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Mama don't allow no Kawasaki's round he-ah. ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny you should say that, I play the geeetar, and banjo. The first song I learned on the banjo was, Mama don’t allow no banjo playin round here???

·
Super Moderator
8,976 Posts
Thanks for the write-up, Paul.

I ride a Honda CTX700, which is rather like a sport bike in cruiser(ish) clothing. It's got a lot of the pluses you mention in your Vulcan S.

Can't help but wonder how much fun the CTX would be if Honda hadn't de-tuned it to make it more like a traditional cruiser!

·
Super Moderator
26,420 Posts
Some good looking kids you've got there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts