Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing my LED lighted license plate frame on my laydown plate, easily tapped into the wires in the tail light, here's how I did it (I lost illumination when I went from colored lenses to clear lenses):

I bought a Radiantz chrome LED lighted frame for $26 plus shipping from powersportsuperstore.com part number 8201-52. I detached the tail light assembly by unscrewing the 4 bolts under the fender, flipped the tail light upside down to access the wires (not much slack in the wires that go under the fender, but if you just pull a little you'll get enough slack to flip the assembly upside down). I used the smallest Posi-Tap connectors that I bought at www.posi-lock.com to insert the ground wire (black with white stripe) and running light wire (gray wire, brown on some other C50/Vols) into, screwed the cap with black wire from the plate frame into the ground wire posi-tap, white wire from plate frame into running light wire tap. Tight connection, no splicing no crimping no soldering needed with Posi-Taps.

As most of you know there isn't much room in the back of the tail light, so I rotated the Posi-Taps sideways to lie almost flat and the tail light screwed back onto the fender with room to spare underneath. This was my first time doing anything electrical on my bike or anything else for that matter, very happy it worked the first time around!

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Heck, I'm more impressed with that garage :!:

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Great pix of the install. Now tell us about the garage. How many cars fit? Looks like a garage I could live in.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah the garage... I own and live in a condo in a mid-rise building in Chicago (near northwest side) with garage parking on the ground floor, I also own one space out of 16 in that garage, pretty common set up for condos with indoor parking in the city here. In those pics I pulled out of my space and parked the bike in the common area off to the side to work on the bike. Best thing about it is that it's heated in the winter to 50deg, perfect for working on the bike as well as storage all winter, and sometimes I play soccer in there but don't tell the condo association ok? hehehehe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts