Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess great minds think alike - I rechecked the plugs to be sure they were tight It sounds to me like a very loud mechanical ticking I can't help but think it's camshaft related, but the bike se
expand my mission of educating the world about the dangers of drugs and improper consumption of calories, 66-67 x 0.65 = kcal from CHO per day
way -- Exercise that trains your heart to rapidly increase and r apidly decrease will head bring your chin toward your Hip Adduction Outer Thigh Reverse Trunk Twist
doo doo dooo went Siega, browsing some random store in Japan, seen it, seen it, read the book, ooo delivery truck just pulled in then the sirens went off all around the city

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Then check this out as well:

http://www.volusiariders.com/viewtopic.php?t=65658

Technically speaking, our alternator provides 35 Amperes. It is suggested to leave at least 5 to 7 Amps for battery charging purposes, leaving about 28 Amps (I always use the lower, safer number). Now deduct ALL electrical that the bike needs and runs from factory, i.e. all lights, fuel injection system and ECM to a lesser part. It is very hard to know exactly how much the factory setup is demanding but I would go the safe way and say around 12-15 Amps all included. Leaves you with about 12-16 Amps to play with.

Remember that AMPERES = WATTS divided by VOLTS (12), so you can calculate how much your accessory is drawing if you know the wattage. Example: A 50 Watt lamp will ask 50/12 = roughly 4.2 Amps load on the system.

Moe

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
For those of us who don't speak Greek, would having the H4ST headlight, OEM lightbar, and the Optronics lights be too much?

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
John, not for the system, but as you know, surely for your options connector.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a Painless Performance Aux Fuse Box in both my truck and my Jeep. Don't have one on the bike, cuz I don't have that many electrical accessories. This product won't solve the problem of installing too MANY electrical accessories on your bike, but it WILL isolate all of your accessories' electrical loads from the factory electrical system. They are "weather resistant" and include an integrated 30 AMP relay. Only one small wire taps into your bike's electrical system, which simply switches the relay. That wire can be tapped into the white/yellow one in the headlight bucket that cuts the power to the headlight when the starter is engaged (on the '06 model). That way, regardless of what accessory you have turned on at the time, it'll be disabled when you are starting the engine. All power is supplied directly from your battery. I'm not sure why, but the 3-circuit unit is actually more expensive that the 7-circuit unit. They are not inexpensive, around $70. They sell a lesser expensive non-weather resistant unit, but I wouldn't recommend that for a motorcycle. Painless products are sold through a variety of distributors; I got mine from Summit Racing. Here's a link:

http://store.summitracing.com/compare.asp?N=700+400012+4294843320+4294843287+115

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
gdbontly said:
I have a Painless Performance Aux Fuse Box in both my truck and my Jeep. Don't have one on the bike, cuz I don't have that many electrical accessories. This product won't solve the problem of installing too MANY electrical accessories on your bike, but it WILL isolate all of your accessories' electrical loads from the factory electrical system. They are "weather resistant" and include an integrated 30 AMP relay. Only one small wire taps into your bike's electrical system, which simply switches the relay. That wire can be tapped into the white/yellow one in the headlight bucket that cuts the power to the headlight when the starter is engaged (on the '06 model). That way, regardless of what accessory you have turned on at the time, it'll be disabled when you are starting the engine. All power is supplied directly from your battery. I'm not sure why, but the 3-circuit unit is actually more expensive that the 7-circuit unit. They are not inexpensive, around $70. They sell a lesser expensive non-weather resistant unit, but I wouldn't recommend that for a motorcycle. Painless products are sold through a variety of distributors; I got mine from Summit Racing. Here's a link:

http://store.summitracing.com/compare.asp?N=700+400012+4294843320+4294843287+115
uhhhh the link show an empty comparison page. No product.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts