Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't for the life of me get a pic to post that's not full-screen. Here's what I've done so far:

1. Reduce the photo size in Kodak's Easy Share software.
2. Reduce the size when uploading the pic.
3. After uploaded, edit the picture to reduce it, even down to thumnail size.

After doing some, or all of these, to a photo I still can't post a pic that doesn't take up the full screen. Can someone help me??

·
Administrator
16,391 Posts
Are you physically changing the size and resaving it???

What I mean it changing it from say 1000 wide to 400 wide???

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Capt Cruiser said:
Are you physically changing the size and resaving it???

What I mean it changing it from say 1000 wide to 400 wide???
Yup. If I view the properties after I make the changes, it shows a reduced size in pixels.

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
get a bigger screen?

lol... j/k...

your making it too hard, photobucket has settings to reduce your photo upon upload. Directly under where you chose your pics to be uploaded is a drop down box to chose what size they are upon upload.

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PhL0aTeR said:
get a bigger screen?

lol... j/k...

your making it too hard, photobucket has settings to reduce your photo upon upload. Directly under where you chose your pics to be uploaded is a drop down box to chose what size they are upon upload.
Tried that...still when I upload to here, it comes up full screnn. :?

·
Administrator
16,391 Posts
Send me a picture that you have resized to post in here

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Capt Cruiser said:
Send me a picture that you have resized to post in here
Sent...and now for some reason it's working. :roll:

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
the_snake1201 said:
PhL0aTeR said:
get a bigger screen?

lol... j/k...

sooooooo just going through the motions here, you log on to photobucket, select the size you want to upload to, chose the pic you want to upload, after it uploads you can see it in the folder, you highlight the IMG tags, and paste them here into a post, and then it comes up as huge?

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PhL0aTeR said:
the_snake1201 said:
PhL0aTeR said:
get a bigger screen?

lol... j/k...

sooooooo just going through the motions here, you log on to photobucket, select the size you want to upload to, chose the pic you want to upload, after it uploads you can see it in the folder, you highlight the IMG tags, and paste them here into a post, and then it comes up as huge?
Yep, was able to get it to work with one pic doing EXACTLY what you just said. Tried another, and get the BIG PIC again!!! :curse:

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
the_snake1201 said:
PhL0aTeR said:
the_snake1201 said:
PhL0aTeR said:
get a bigger screen?

lol... j/k...

Yep, was able to get it to work with one pic doing EXACTLY what you just said. Tried another, and get the BIG PIC again!!! :curse:
are you uploading pics to photobucket in an album with a bunch of other pics that you might have mistakenly chosen the large one you mistakenly uploaded?

Also try this, when you DO post something, hit reload or refresh, sometimes your browser will take the most recent thing and if the filenames are the same, like if you deleted the big one off PB and then reuploaded the small one with the same name, the browser has the large one stored, so just hit refresh, forcing the browser to go back to PB to update the image.

Above that advice, im tapped.... once you have it figured out you can delete all your temp internet files so you wont have to refresh to get the new image.

·
Administrator
16,391 Posts
when you right click the big picture - what does it say the pixel width is???

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Capt Cruiser said:
Sorry, gave up last night...got too frustrated. The pixel size was approx. 640 x 420 (or somewhere very close to that).

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
PhL0aTeR said:
Also try this, when you DO post something, hit reload or refresh, sometimes your browser will take the most recent thing and if the filenames are the same, like if you deleted the big one off PB and then reuploaded the small one with the same name, the browser has the large one stored, so just hit refresh, forcing the browser to go back to PB to update the image.
i think this may just be the problem. give it a whack, snake!

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
ORRRRRRRRR change the size of Mg's you tell the KODAK camera to take the picture in the first place...

or when you 'edit' pic in software, and save to your hard drive choose the dialog at the bottom of the 'file-save as' screen in KODAK SOFTWARE to save it at 50% size of original photo.

i have kodak camera, and use kodak software. i take pic using BIG mgs so quality will be good and sharp if i so choose to keep it big...but if i save it to upload to photobucket, or send to people in emails...i always reduce the size to 50% or 75% of original and put the size reduction IN the name of the smaller file.... ie: bike pix1.jpg (original size) saved on hard drive. then when i edit it and reduce size I resave it as: bike pix1-50.jpg then when i'm hunting around on my hard drive, i know which one is the smaller version.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
the_snake1201 said:
Capt Cruiser said:
Sorry, gave up last night...got too frustrated. The pixel size was approx. 640 x 420 (or somewhere very close to that).
What resolution is your monitor set at ?

If your screen res is 800x600, a 640x480 picture will be about 75% of the screen.

If you're using a higher res monitor (1280x1024), a 640x480 picture will be about 50% of the screen.

Most modern cameras take full resolution pictures that are quite a bit larger than your average screen (even high res ones).

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wehrd1 said:
ORRRRRRRRR change the size of Mg's you tell the KODAK camera to take the picture in the first place...

or when you 'edit' pic in software, and save to your hard drive choose the dialog at the bottom of the 'file-save as' screen in KODAK SOFTWARE to save it at 50% size of original photo.

i have kodak camera, and use kodak software. i take pic using BIG mgs so quality will be good and sharp if i so choose to keep it big...but if i save it to upload to photobucket, or send to people in emails...i always reduce the size to 50% or 75% of original and put the size reduction IN the name of the smaller file.... ie: bike pix1.jpg (original size) saved on hard drive. then when i edit it and reduce size I resave it as: bike pix1-50.jpg then when i'm hunting around on my hard drive, i know which one is the smaller version.
Hate to sound like a broken record, but I tried that too...that's why I'm losing my mind, and the few hair follicles that are left on my head. I've tried all these things that everyone's mentioned with no luck, except for the one photo I sent Jay last night. It's like photobucket has evolved into an AI and is now f**king with my head!

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
the_snake1201 said:
wehrd1 said:

Hate to sound like a broken record, but I tried that too...that's why I'm losing my mind, and the few hair follicles that are left on my head. I've tried all these things that everyone's mentioned with no luck, except for the one photo I sent Jay last night. It's like photobucket has evolved into an AI and is now f**king with my head!
consider yourself lucky, cuz its working fine for me.... lol...

when you tried it a 2nd time, you still chose the resolution you wanted via the dropdown box right? cuz unless you go into the settings and change it, its always going to go back to default.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
the_snake1201 said:
wehrd1 said:

it could just be YOUR screen resolution. put a pic IN photobucket, then copy & paste the IMG code here in this thread, so we can all open it.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Ken, do yourself a favor and download a free program called "IrfanView". It's the easiest way to reduce pictures and has many "easy" functions like "Half Size", Percentage reduction, etc.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I had this problem on another forum, and what worked for me was deleting my cookies prior to trying to post the pic again. After that, no problem with the new size. Of course if you delete all the cookies, you'll have to sign in to forums again where you have saved your information.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts