Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a used PC commander 3 USB. I got a good deal on it but it didn't come with the 9v adapter plug. I went to upgrade the firmware on it. but it failed because it was using the power off of the infectors. now my bike won't start does anyone have this adapter and tell me what the pin configurations are for the 9v. thanks

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Got a lap top you can hook it to with a usb cable? You can reload a map that way.

If not, I may have an extra nine volt adaptor running around here somewhere.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
You didn't blow a fuse did you? Bike should have been enough to power unit up for you.

Smoking : I don't believe USB is a powered connection on the PCIII, 9V battery is needed off the bike.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SmokinMr2 said:
Got a lap top you can hook it to with a usb cable? You can reload a map that way.

If not, I may have an extra nine volt adaptor running around here somewhere.
I got frustrated last night when it wouldn't start. I'm going to try again tonight but by what i can tell. is that it gets power from the injectors or TP. but if the bike doesn't start the bike powers down those items so that it doesn't burn them out. so there is really only a short amount of time the PC3 is getting power from the bike if it isn't running. I just mainly need to know which pin has the red wire from the battery and which is the black. i've looked at their website and can't tell and they want $12 plus shipping i think.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I suggested the lap top going out to the bike if one is available because the 3 I installed on our bikes stay powered on with the key on, bike not running and usb connected.

Anyway..the connector looking at the end the red and black wires go into and the clip on the top.
Upper right corner is red. Lower left corner is black.

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
SmokinMr2 said:
I suggested the lap top going out to the bike if one is available because the 3 I installed on our bikes stay powered on with the key on, bike not running and usb connected.
I sounds like he already tried that. He is updating the firmware and not the mapping.

He SHOULD be all set with the pin configuration that you posted.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SmokinMr2 said:

Anyway..the connector looking at the end the red and black wires go into and the clip on the top.
Upper right corner is red. Lower left corner is black.
thanks. just got home from work and will try it now and let you guys know what happens. thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
with the pin configuration from SmokinMr2 I was able to get the firmware updated and reload my map. and all is working again. Thanks again for all your help and suggestions guys.

·
Registered
242 Posts
notorious_carl said:
with the pin configuration from SmokinMr2 I was able to get the firmware updated and reload my map. and all is working again. Thanks again for all your help and suggestions guys.
So, how does it run? Is the power noticeable?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tuned200 said:
So, how does it run? Is the power noticeable?
I did notice some power gain. the big differnce I noticed is the sound especially when i let off the throttle a little it use to pop and do everything, now it doesn't. Currently I only have V&H Straight shots. I only have the stock air filter on it, but i did drill my air cover like the GMan's bully kit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts