Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there something I can purchase to lower the passenger OEM floorboards?
Thank You in advance

·
Premium Member
2,777 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
I got cobra pass. boards, and when you reverse them it puts them at an angle. I had to cut some spacers. mark them useing my mounts. and drill them on the press. to combat the angle, I used the bottom hole on bike and ground off top welded nut from origional hole and marked new hole where board was level. drilled new hole and used bolt and nut. I had to get 2 3/4" long bolts. But it moved them far away from the bags.
About 3 1/2" fwd and 2" out.
I still have to remove and paint

Yes I had to notch out the black plastic cover to fit spacer

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
hafta bookmark this. I got a set of cobras for $53 from my stealer (had small scrapes on one and not easy to notice)

·
Registered
851 Posts
OTG said:
The easiest way to do so is to swap the mounts from left to right and extend them out with coupling nuts.

See http://www.volusiariders.com/viewtopic.php?t=64616&highlight=lower+passenger+floorboards for a very thorough and complete guide on how to do this. I did the simple swap for my wife along with the Mustang seat and she likes it. Helps her legs clear the bags.
I'd be cautious doing that. It may work with the pegs and I thought it'd work with the floorboards. In a short time I noticed that even with the coupling nuts the mounts were starting to flex and twist. I went back to the original mounting. :(

Now on the the other hand the block of metal in this thread might work.

·
Registered
212 Posts
It helps if your passenger is light weight.

There are some awesome extenders made... I have them. But for the life of me I can't remember which site I got them from...

·
Banned
12,353 Posts
Scoundrel said:
It helps if your passenger is light weight.

There are some awesome extenders made... I have them. But for the life of me I can't remember which site I got them from...
i betcha $5 they don't work on the oem boards. :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Yes, unfortunatley it was the side she used to mount the bike that started to twist. She did like the angle it put the boards at more than the mounting position though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts