Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Father in-law went down on his 07C50. So I need a few parts to rebuild..

Front Fender
Turn Signals
Mirrors
Head Light
Shifter

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope he is ok and only damage is to bike

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
He is all healed up now, but will never ride again. He has too many issues, not all from the accident. He hit a deer. But he tells a different story. He says he was just enjoying his ride when a deer “bike Jacked Him”. He hit the deer in mid jump, so when he went down it was mostly on the deer. It’s like he was holding the deer in his arms as he wrecked. So the deer saved the bike from too much damage, but did not save him. He had cross body break (right arm, left shoulder, right hip, left femur, etc...). He now walks with a cane (after 6 months with a walker). I tell him he has a “gangster limp”. He also has trouble gripping with his right hand, due to a broken wrist. But all in all, he is doing well. He does not remember hitting the deer, does not even remember turning on the street where it happened, but he remembers my wife holding his head while she yelled at the off duty paramedics. It was perfect timing for her, as she was just starting her EMT class. But after helping me do my testing over the last 15 years, she knew just what to do. I guess the wife of a fire fighter does know some medical stuff that will save a life. She was right behind him on her own bike when he went down. (Wow, look at me go on and on. I am sorry for the long explanation. Yes, he is doing fine.)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Went on a poker run last weekend and a truck just stopped in the middle of the road, right in front of my club president. He swerved, but it wasn't enough. The left side of the fairing on this 2013 Street Glide impacted the right rear quarter panel of the truck, instantly followed by his shoulder. The impact shattered his collar bone. As he went down, I remember everything slowing down. I was about 20 feet behind him. I locked up my brakes. Then as his bike hit the ground, I realized in horror that his head was moving right into the path of my front wheel. Years of riding made instinct a natural thing and I did a sport bike lean and drug my floorboard to the point where it popped all the way up and my crash bar dragged the ground. I missed his head my only inches. I stopped about 100ft later and really didn't feel like riding anymore because I was so shaken up.
He told me that it looked really good on me to the entire club that I was able to maneuver away from him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts