Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just bought a 2015 c50 about two months ago. I want to put some new pipes on it, but all I can’t find much online that says they will fir the 2015. Now, i know this wuestion has been asked many times, but what years will fit on the 2015? I know the stock pipes do not have O2 sensors if it makes any difference.

Also, I was wanting recommendations for pipes. I was looking at cobra streetrod slashdown with quiet baffles, or Vance and Hines twin staggered slash cut. What is yalls opinion on those?

·
Registered
19,598 Posts
If they don't have the O2 sensor, then any year will fit. Personally, I would suggest you leave the exhaust alone, as the C50 does not have near enough displacement to achieve a "good" sound with aftermarket pipes. They are loud, but not in a good way.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
From everything I've studied, it appears about the only thing doable is the honest Abe mod.
Other than that, everything else is money down the drain.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I’ve read threads saying the same about the sound, but I’ve also read that with quiet core baffles the sound is better as far as being too loud. The bike has stock exhaust with the “honest abe” mod, and it doesn’t sound too terrible. It just kills me the way the stock pipes look. In my opinion, they are too big and the way they are offset just irritates me. I ride every day, so its kind of difficult to choose which one to put up with.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Thanks for the info. I’ve read threads saying the same about the sound, but I’ve also read that with quiet core baffles the sound is better as far as being too loud. The bike has stock exhaust with the “honest abe” mod, and it doesn’t sound too terrible. It just kills me the way the stock pipes look. In my opinion, they are too big and the way they are offset just irritates me. I ride every day, so its kind of difficult to choose which one to put up with.
When I'm out riding, I tend to look at the road rather than my pipes.

Sorry.:grin2:

·
Registered
950 Posts
Just did the debaffle on my 05 C50 and I love it. I rode with Stock pipes for the first 3 years and didn't have any complaints. I don't mind the look of the stock pipes and now I'm content with the debaffing.

·
Super Moderator
58,045 Posts
If they don't have the O2 sensor, then any year will fit. Personally, I would suggest you leave the exhaust alone, as the C50 does not have near enough displacement to achieve a "good" sound with aftermarket pipes. They are loud, but not in a good way.
Word!

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
You need a larger bike with duals.
I'm going to mount a peavy 18 inch PA woofer to my luggage rack, and run recorded harley sounds through a 2800 watt head.
I just need a side car to hold the head, the extra batteries, and an inverter.
That caboose and side car may just be the ticket!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hey guys. I just bought a 2015 c50 about two months ago. I want to put some new pipes on it, but all I can’t find much online that says they will fir the 2015. Now, i know this wuestion has been asked many times, but what years will fit on the 2015? I know the stock pipes do not have O2 sensors if it makes any difference.

Also, I was wanting recommendations for pipes. I was looking at cobra streetrod slashdown with quiet baffles, or Vance and Hines twin staggered slash cut. What is yalls opinion on those?
AFAIK most pipes will fit you might just need to plug the O2 ports on the pipes if your bike doesnt have any.
V&H Cruzers sound good, go on youtube and listen to some videos

1 - 13 of 13 Posts