Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I acquired a 2006 C50T yesterday. The PO said it had 32k miles on it. Apparently, he may have done a wrong valve adjustment and did not want to mess with it and has too many other bikes in the garage. No time and no interest...It's in well used condition. May have been stored outside. My intention is to check out the motor and repair it if necessary and use it as a spare when mine craps out. Everything else is up for sale. Although I do have a couple of items spoken for as a finders fee.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much for the Saddlebags & Brackets?
When I mention finders fee to a VR member, I believe that is what it will cost me. I've sent a PM this morning with a picture to the member and will wait to see if he is still interested. He spoke up sight unseen.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Condition and cost of the light bar?

Thanks

·
Registered
20,055 Posts
Just curious if you've done a compression check on either engine. I would be interested to see how the two engines compare.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I acquired a 2006 C50T yesterday. The PO said it had 32k miles on it. Apparently, he may have done a wrong valve adjustment and did not want to mess with it and has too many other bikes in the garage. No time and no interest...It's in well used condition. May have been stored outside. My intention is to check out the motor and repair it if necessary and use it as a spare when mine craps out. Everything else is up for sale.

If this post was during a Christmas shipping rush it might be the start to a Gypped by "thepenguinsays" thread just have to Replace penguin with Rvcycleguy.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Reactions: rvcycleguy

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I acquired a 2006 C50T yesterday. The PO said it had 32k miles on it. Apparently, he may have done a wrong valve adjustment and did not want to mess with it and has too many other bikes in the garage. No time and no interest...It's in well used condition. May have been stored outside. My intention is to check out the motor and repair it if necessary and use it as a spare when mine craps out. Everything else is up for sale.

If this post was during a Christmas shipping rush it might be the start to a Gypped by "thepenguinsays" thread just have to Replace penguin with Rvcycleguy.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
I swear to get any items paid in full out and delivered by... 2014!

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for your response so far. I'll comment here instead of PM to each at this moment. The light bar has surface rust behind the chrome cover. I'll take a picture or two tomorrow. It still looks functional and any rust is hidden by the aforementioned cover. The backrest and accompanying strut supports and saddlebags are spoken for at this time. The VR member has been contacted and we are closing that deal. The headlight assy has been spoken for and the rear brake lever. The floorboards are being discussed based on the underside condition and as yet to be determined. I've been working on another project today getting my RV ready to be put back into offsite storage. We just returned Monday from an 8 day FL panhandle camping trip. I check my PM's and thread daily so you all be kept informed.

Thanks,

RV

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im interested in crashbars. Please let me know how much to zipcode 47909. Thank you.
Crash bars are in bad shape. The right side was bent at some point and then was heated up to straighten which caused it to crack open. Left side is ok, it I'm sure one does not help.

RV

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What's the condition of the gas tank?
Looks good. Don't have a key to see inside. Bike was running recently. PO indicated he did valve adjustment wrong so it's a motor issue not a fuel issue. No dents, blemishes I can see other than its a 06 and was stored outside for some of its life. I will take a photo and edit this reply shortly.

RV

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
$$ for Brake master cylinder clamp that the mirror screws into? Or the whole master if necessary if you don't want to split it up

·
Registered
215 Posts
What are those small lights on the outboard sides of the light bar? Can you get a closer pic of them?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts