Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any directions available to remove the pair valve other than those for using mocc's kit. don't have the kit but want to do this mod. do I need to remove the entire system or not.? please help as i'm chompin' at the bit to get started with my winter mods! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
27,502 Posts
Well, my husband did the "golf tee" disable method. Now I know a lot of people on here have done it and have had NO problems, but that wasn't the case with his. 4 different times the hose blew and before he realized it was the hose it felt like something HORRIBLE was going on with his bike. Finally he got tired of it and just got the kit and removed it. Remove it and you don't have to worry about it. Some have had the same problems he did, others haven't, but if you just go ahead and remove it you don't have to worry about it at all!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Complete removal is worth it IF you like the look of nekkid jugs on the left side of the bike. Otherwise, disable it to get rid of the gurgling, popping, and backfiring when engine braking. If you pull the cover off the pair valve and just remove it to see what it looks like, you can decide whether it is worthwhile.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I definitely want the naked jug look. I was hoping to do this tonight. what kind of parts would I need ? Bolts? What about the flange I saw mentioned in the kit directions?

·
Registered
27,502 Posts
Without the kit I don't know how to do the complete removal. Maybe someone here has done it and can advise you. Once he gets your order though he's VERY fast with shipping if you can hold off a few days.
I will add this though....it says 10mm wrench. Make that a RACHETING BOX END wrench...unless of course you have some magical pixie fingers!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took your advise and ordered the kit. I do have an 8 yr olds magic fingers for help!!!!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Mocc's kit is definitely the way to go. I didn't have the ratcheting box end (which probably wouldn't have helped my fat hands anyway), so I had to partially remove the radiator in order to remove the chrome tube on the front jug. Well worth the effort, though, to get rid of backfiring and make valve adjustments easier to do...

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
kozmo659 said:
Complete removal is worth it IF you like the look of nekkid jugs on the left side of the bike. Otherwise, disable it to get rid of the gurgling, popping, and backfiring when engine braking. If you pull the cover off the pair valve and just remove it to see what it looks like, you can decide whether it is worthwhile.
I have had mine disabled a number of times and it doesn't seem to make any difference at all so unless I just can't live with the look of it (not going to happen-at least until the warranty is off) it stays where it's at.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts