Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
19,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i finally got my hardbags installed.





now i dont know what to do for paint. i dont want to speed much on em now because my plan is for new paint this winter for the entire bike. these are fiberglass bags. i am wondering what type of spray paint would hold up best of these. i have made a few contacts to people i know and have been quoted a few hundred bucks at most. i am wanting to save a little now and then get everything custome painted this winter. anyone have any suggestions?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
19,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Volusianator said:
If you're gonna do an entire paint job this winter, hell with it, leave them white.
i have thought about this and i really dont care much for the "white heads" my bike now has :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
697 Posts
I would think a good quality automotive spraypaint and just lots of light coats would look ok for the summer...and hold up alright. I redid a truck in college and painted all of the chrome pieces including the grill with gloss black Duplicolor sparay bombs. Wet sanded lightly between coats and sprayed a clear over it. It wasnt show quality but it held up ok and looked decent.

The trick is not to do anything so bad that it is more work for the guy repainting it in the winter :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,626 Posts
swagfu rattle canned his bags.......cheap $ and they came out pretty decent....not as perfect as the rest of his bike but they came out ok.

I say just leave em for now but if you gotta.....get a can of red, a can of black and a can of clear from colorrite.com. Don't get too fancy and just color the bottoms black and tops red.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,763 Posts
v01rider said:
The Volusianator said:
If you're gonna do an entire paint job this winter, hell with it, leave them white.
i have thought about this and i really dont care much for the "white heads" my bike now has :lol:
Yeah...I probably couldn't deal with them white for a summer either. On the other hand, nows your chance to get some tape and practice doing some flames or something cool!

I dare ya...I mean I double dog dare ya...no, I triple dog dare ya! :twisted:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
19,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ghostflames said:
I would think a good quality automotive spraypaint and just lots of light coats would look ok for the summer...and hold up alright. I redid a truck in college and painted all of the chrome pieces including the grill with gloss black Duplicolor sparay bombs. Wet sanded lightly between coats and sprayed a clear over it. It wasnt show quality but it held up ok and looked decent.

The trick is not to do anything so bad that it is more work for the guy repainting it in the winter :D
yea i will need to sand em first before i paint. what grit do it need. what the heck is wet sanding?



The Volusianator said:
v01rider said:
The Volusianator said:
If you're gonna do an entire paint job this winter, hell with it, leave them white.
i have thought about this and i really dont care much for the "white heads" my bike now has :lol:
Yeah...I probably couldn't deal with them white for a summer either. On the other hand, nows your chance to get some tape and practice doing some flames or something cool!

I dare ya...I mean I double dog dare ya...no, I triple dog dare ya! :twisted:
i was actually thinkin about havin [email protected] tape me out some flames. hmmmmmm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,342 Posts
heck cory...get some big ol POLICE decals (not close enuf to be mistaken for real ones, or ur ass'll be in a legal sling for impersonating an officer) and then get a headlight modulator, and a white helmet...you'll be sailing thru traffic...

lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,830 Posts
Dude, I'd be tempted to just leave that sh1t in the garage and keep the door shut. Those things just scream, "Hey look at these huge, non-matching bags!" Find a painter....and fast. :lol: :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,342 Posts
v01rider said:
Misunderstood said:
How about a big sign that says,"Do these make my butt look big?" :lol:
i hope they do! cause i like big butts......
...and he can not lie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,352 Posts
SIR MIX-A-LOT LYRICS

"Baby Got Back"

[Intro]
Oh, my, god. Becky, look at her butt.
It is so big. *scoff* She looks like,
one of those rap guys' girlfriends.
But, you know, who understands those rap guys? *scoff*
They only talk to her, because,
she looks like a total prostitute, 'kay?
I mean, her butt, is just so big.
I can't believe it's just so round, it's like,
out there, I mean - gross. Look!
She's just so ... black!

[Sir Mix-a-Lot]
I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in your face
You get sprung, wanna pull out your tough
'Cause you notice that butt was stuffed
Deep in the jeans she's wearing
I'm hooked and I can't stop staring
Oh baby, I wanna get with you
And take your picture
My homeboys tried to warn me
But that butt you got makes me so horny
Ooh, Rump-o'-smooth-skin
You say you wanna get in my Benz?
Well, use me, use me
'Cause you ain't that average groupie
I've seen them dancin'
To hell with romancin'
She's sweat, wet,
Got it goin' like a turbo 'Vette
I'm tired of magazines
Sayin' flat butts are the thing
Take the average black man and ask him that
She gotta pack much back
So, fellas! (Yeah!) Fellas! (Yeah!)
Has your girlfriend got the butt? (Hell yeah!)
Tell 'em to shake it! (Shake it!) Shake it! (Shake it!)
Shake that healthy butt!
Baby got back!

(LA face with Oakland booty)
Baby got back!

[Sir Mix-a-Lot]
I like 'em round, and big
And when I'm throwin' a gig
I just can't help myself, I'm actin' like an animal
Now here's my scandal
I wanna get you home
And ugh, double-up, ugh, ugh
I ain't talkin' bout Playboy
'Cause silicone parts are made for toys
I want 'em real thick and juicy
So find that juicy double
Mix-a-Lot's in trouble
Beggin' for a piece of that bubble
So I'm lookin' at rock videos
Knock-kneeded bimbos walkin' like hoes
You can have them bimbos
I'll keep my women like Flo Jo
A word to the thick soul sisters, I wanna get with ya
I won't cuss or hit ya
But I gotta be straight when I say I wanna *fuck*
Till the break of dawn
Baby got it goin' on
A lot of simps won't like this song
'Cause them punks like to hit it and quit it
And I'd rather stay and play
'Cause I'm long, and I'm strong
And I'm down to get the friction on
So, ladies! {Yeah!} Ladies! {Yeah}
If you wanna role in my Mercedes {Yeah!}
Then turn around! Stick it out!
Even white boys got to shout
Baby got back!

Baby got back!
Yeah, baby ... when it comes to females, Cosmo ain't got nothin'
to do with my selection. 36-24-36? Ha ha, only if she's 5'3".

[Sir Mix-a-Lot]
So your girlfriend rolls a Honda, playin' workout tapes by Fonda
But Fonda ain't got a motor in the back of her Honda
My anaconda don't want none
Unless you've got buns, hun
You can do side bends or sit-ups,
But please don't lose that butt
Some brothers wanna play that "hard" role
And tell you that the butt ain't gold
So they toss it and leave it
And I pull up quick to retrieve it
So Cosmo says you're fat
Well I ain't down with that!
'Cause your waist is small and your curves are kickin'
And I'm thinkin' bout stickin'
To the beanpole dames in the magazines:
You ain't it, Miss Thing!
Give me a sister, I can't resist her
Red beans and rice didn't miss her
Some knucklehead tried to dis
'Cause his girls are on my list
He had game but he chose to hit 'em
And I pull up quick to get wit 'em
So ladies, if the butt is round,
And you want a triple X throw down,
Dial 1-900-MIXALOT
And kick them nasty thoughts
Baby got back!

(Little in the middle but she got much back) [4x]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,202 Posts
I'd just go get some gloss black and clear coat. Scuff the white there now with a scotch brite pad and paint them black. Coat of paint, lightly scuff w/scotch brite pad, coat of paint, scuff you get the idea. Then a couple coats of clear scuffed up in between coats. That should last till this winter and not look bad till then.

Ride Safe,
Rex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
697 Posts
v01rider said:
ghostflames said:
I would think a good quality automotive spraypaint and just lots of light coats would look ok for the summer...and hold up alright. I redid a truck in college and painted all of the chrome pieces including the grill with gloss black Duplicolor sparay bombs. Wet sanded lightly between coats and sprayed a clear over it. It wasnt show quality but it held up ok and looked decent.

The trick is not to do anything so bad that it is more work for the guy repainting it in the winter :D
yea i will need to sand em first before i paint. what grit do it need. what the heck is wet sanding?
Put a couple coats on so its covered and let dry. Then take some 2000 grit paper, "lubricate" the surface you are sanding with some water and easily sand the surface. You are not roughing up so much as smoothing out. You dont need much elbow grease to get a smoother paint.

EDIT: I almost forgot...if you wetsand you might need to buff out the paint when you are done...so it may be more work then you want. But seeing as how they will be getting repainted anyway...good time to try your skills :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,830 Posts
Paint rainbows on them.
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Top