Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is under the painted cover on the right side and how do you get it off? Is it grommets or a combination of a bolt and grommets? There is a screw or bolt on the top of the cover.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Remove the bolt on the top then pull. There are plastic pins in rubber grommets.
As for what is behind the cover depends on the year of your bike. On my 02 Volusia it was the access to adjust the rear shock and I also installed a relay and secondary fuse block in there. On my 06 C50 it’s the access for the rear shock adjustment and what I believe is the computer for the bike.
As for newer bikes I don’t know but I’m sure some with that knowledge will come along.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Jerry K. I saw the bolt on top but didn't want to remove it for fear if it wasn't part of the removal process then the nut might fall inside etc. So I appreciate your input. I also Googled such a ton of ways but there's not much out there on the C50 right side cover. Thanks again.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked through the service manual but could not find the parts behind the cover. But, that could have been more my fault than not in the manual. Yes, I was surprised in wasn't in the service manual. Maybe I was looking in the wrong section.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I think the California models have a small charcoal canister under the cover on that side. I mounted a garage door remote under the cover. I soldered wires to a Sears Craftsman remote and ran them up to a momentary toggle switch on the handle bar. I've been using the same system for many years. I've got the remote inside the front fairing on my FJR. I have a LED beside the toggle switch that lights up when the toggle is hit

Reactions: Woodswoman
1 - 8 of 8 Posts