Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The recent plight of a family I have know since I was a child has been tearing at my heart for the past couple of days.

About 2 weeks ago, their nephew/cousin committed suicide.
Two days later their mother/grandmother passed away.
On the same day, their son/brother, who was best friends with the cousin and the same age as my youngest brother, was admitted to the hospital with an aneurism. At 4:00PM yesterday they removed him from life support and donated his organs.

Being so close to the anniversary of my own loss does not help. It is times like this that make it difficult to fathom the depths and complexities of life at all, much less have the power to take the next breath to live. I can not think about their family and not break down in tears.

"These are the places where God exercises His sovereign right to retain mystery. We cannot fathom the intricacies of the divine plan. But make no mistake, when we are in the driest desert, we can receive the manna to make it all the way to the other side where trees bud again and children laugh." Beth Moore, written in the prologue to Mary Beth Chapman's book Choosing to SEE: A Journey of Struggle and Hope

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
I pray God will not give you more than you can bear, my thoughts and prayers are with you today.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
I'm so sorry. My prayers to you and your friends that the love of God will wrap you like a warm blanket & warm your heart & soul.

·
The Village Idiot
5,018 Posts
Praying for you brother. God has truly given you some strong shoulders to bear such burdons, but He will not give you more than you can hold. May He give you added strength, peace and rest in your need.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jacob's funeral was today. I went, sat in the back. It's hard watching people you care about walk into a valley you sometimes feel like you're still in yourself.

We lost three young men in their early 30's in our community this past week. Their families will watch as the world turns on while it feels like theirs has ground to a screeching halt.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
In our thoughts and prayers here too, Chad.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Prayers and Karma for the family and for you as well Chad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts