Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I accidentally overfilled the gas tank on my M90 :crying2: Normally I'm more careful but the nozzle guard wasn't activating so I held it back while I pumped, then got distracted and it ran over.

I rode a couple miles the rest of the way home, and into work today (7 mi) without issue. I've heard that just trying to use up the excess gas quickly may be all that's needed. And actually I noticed a constant fan-like noise that stopped midway through my ride to work - maybe the fuel pump compensating somehow?

I know that if it starts acting like it's out of gas, there may be a vacuum in the tank and opening it up / clearing the fuel filter should help. Any other tips or things to watch out for?

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
Other than the mess you made, there's nothing to worry about. It happens, just be more careful next time.

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
The only thing you did was ruin the entire environment by letting gas fumes evaporate into the atmosphere.
We're all gonna die.
Thanks a bunch!
;)

·
Super Moderator
4,286 Posts
First post needs a hearty welcome...Hearty Welcome!!! Be careful out there!!!! Only in Amerika

1 - 15 of 15 Posts