Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I'm really fighting back tears at hearing this. Geno, you are a a great friend and brother. You're a hero to all that you meet. Knowing you and riding with you has made my life all the better. We had some really great times...

My favorite story goes back to you riding like a madman to [email protected]'s house for a party weekend. You were the mystery guest. I was waiting for you to call when you got off the highway. I was starting to get pretty worried when you never showed up. Finally you called and said you weren't too far away. Russell and I got on our bikes (as we were still sober :) ) and took off in to the night to meet you. We sat at the bottom of the exit ramp for a while when you came cruising on down. You stopped at the bottom and explained that you had to backtrack because you dropped your hair appointment book while riding down the highway... You went back, at night, and actually FOUND IT on the highway! Just crazy buddy! I was so worried about you and here you were just looking for that book! YOu told me later that you would rather lose your wallet with your man card in it, than lose your appointment book. Damn Gene. Just dammit brother. I pray that the Lord gives you peace and comfort. I don't feel sorry for you friend. I feel sorry for all of us that will miss you. I love you brother.

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
Very, very sad news. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

·
Premium Member
14,413 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family at this time...... I have had the honor of riding with him and consider him as my friend.

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
Gene is a great guy. I got my bike out for the first ride of the year. I rode down to the hospital to see him. I was shocked at the change from last week when he was talking about buying a new bike and riding this year. He was too weak to even talk this time.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
I am saddened to hear this and of course will keep him in my thoughts.

Born2bWild said:
HAHAHAHAHA I just thought of my favorite shirt of his. It says "If you see my bike on a trailer call 911. It's been stolen!" :lol:

YES!!!! I always tell people about that shirt.

People always ask when this one comes up as my background image (using webshots)

Note: No idea on photo-credits...

I recorded this bit at TOTT one year:

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
This saddens my heart. :( I had the pleasure of first meeting Gene in Des Moines @ Cobra's (Vinces) shop. He came rumbling up the ramp on his bike while the other guys were painting Coilguys concave tank & working on my bike. He was the softest spoken - smiling-est person i ever met. He shook Corts hand and gave me a big hug.

I then got the pleasure of riding back from Tott2 with him and a few others in 2007. He & I were the only ones on 800cc bikes. Everyone else with us had bigger bikes, and he was hanging back with me doin 90+mph and at times, the other bikes were pulling away from us on the biways of WI & IA. At the next stop, i'll never forget his complimenting me on my riding skills and being able to roll with the big boys & actually keep up & handle my bike as well as i did. Made me (a relatively new rider of a few years) very proud.

He rolls his own cigarettes and smokes at every fuel stop. :) He also checked in with Chom on the cell phone @ every stop to let her know he was ok, and where we were.

These are a couple pics i got of him @ Tott2 of Gene (jimjack aka 2Js)
Vince, you can snag them off here and i'll try to send them to you in email as well.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I have many fond memories of talking with him and riding as well. I will think of him often, he will be missed, I hope he will ride from above and smile down on us all.

Last I saw him was at GLR 09.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
VR relief fund now open for jimjac

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Prayers & thoughts to out to him & his family

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
2J's became my friend, what a great day in my life that was.. I truly loved Genoh. I was there today to see him also and it hurt my heart. I will always remember his smile and the way he brought people together. Mac, everyone, thanks for the pics. Geno is a BIKER, a rider and enthususist, what ever you call it he is the one who did it best and made it a proud thing to be.

Coilguy

21 - 40 of 203 Posts