Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very few of you here know this and I was sworn to keep things quiet until now. As [email protected] eluded too in a earlier post our friend Geno will be not with us for much longer.

Geno found out last summer that he had inoperable live cancer and has dealing with it for some time now. He didn't share it with many because he isn't the kind of guy that would want his friends here to feel sad for him or to ever bring a tear to this place.... He has taken a turn for the worst last week and family has flown in to be with him at the local VA hospital. Please keep him and his family in your thought and prayers during your days. I plan to share any stories and or comments from this post you choose to share with his brothers and sisters as well as Chom and his daughter Logan who he loved more that riding... And we all know how he loved to ride. If you have any photos of Geno from past events please send them to me at [email protected] so I can pass them along to Logan as well..

The next few days will be toughest of all. I was just there to see him and he isnt able to communicated much but is aware of his surroundings. I will be HAPPY to pass along any and all messages.

Vince

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
I met him one time. Vince you were there, it was when you folks were staying in Lead SD that year. We rode Nemo hiway to Rapid City together. Gene is one cool cool guy. It really makes me sad to hear this.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
472viper said:
I met him one time. Vince you were there, it was when you folks were staying in Lead SD that year. We rode Nemo hiway to Rapid City together. Gene is one cool cool guy. It really makes me sad to hear this.
I remember that. I cant help but think of all the rides he and I shared and wish we could have one more.

·
Premium Member
5,143 Posts
This is very sad news! JimJack will always hold a special place in my heart! My prayers will be with him and his family!!!

·
Banned
24,655 Posts
Very saddened to hear this. Gene is one here that I truly want to meet. I will pray for him and his family.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I've not had the pleasure to meet him. But what I'm reading tells me it's my loss I didn't meet him. Prayers to him and his family! :crying:

·
Registered
27,502 Posts
He chose to share that info with me last fall when I had to have a biopsy and was so scared. It meant the world to me that he shared it and helped calm my fears. I AM horribly sad, my first instinct was to cry when I found out what's going on now, BUT THEN.....I remembered Gene. Cry?? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! He can make you laugh in a heartbeat. Now what you DON'T want him to do is talk to him while he's trying to get something done. Good grief! I don't think in the history of wrenching it's ever taken anybody 4 hours to change out levers!!! He was changing out my levers at ToTT one year and everyone kept coming by and talking to him. Every time they would talk to him he'd stop working on my bike and stand there and talk. I finally had to stand there and keep people from talking to him so he'd finish my bike! :lol: I told him I sure hated to see him at work. How on Earth did he do hair if someone started talking to him!!! :lol: :lol:
OOHHH and remember Vince when we were sitting at your house waiting on him to show up so we could leave for Green Bay and he called you and told you he wasn't going?? We were all saying WTF??? When all of a sudden here he comes up your driveway! :lol: He had stopped at the corner to call you to mess with us! Now THAT'S Gene! :lol: I love you Geno!

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
I add my prayers for him and his family and friends to those already offered.

·
Banned
4,413 Posts
He is on my wanna meet list. I'm so sorry to hear that he's down. My prayers and thoughts are going to him and his family.

·
Premium Member
5,143 Posts
Born2bWild said:
He chose to share that info with me last fall when I had to have a biopsy and was so scared. It meant the world to me that he shared it and helped calm my fears. I AM horribly sad, my first instinct was to cry when I found out what's going on now, BUT THEN.....I remembered Gene. Cry?? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! He can make you laugh in a heartbeat. Now what you DON'T want him to do is talk to him while he's trying to get something done. Good grief! I don't think in the history of wrenching it's ever taken anybody 4 hours to change out levers!!! He was changing out my levers at ToTT one year and everyone kept coming by and talking to him. Every time they would talk to him he'd stop working on my bike and stand there and talk. I finally had to stand there and keep people from talking to him so he'd finish my bike! :lol: I told him I sure hated to see him at work. How on Earth did he do hair if someone started talking to him!!! :lol: :lol:
OOHHH and remember Vince when we were sitting at your house waiting on him to show up so we could leave for Green Bay and he called you and told you he wasn't going?? We were all saying WTF??? When all of a sudden here he comes up your driveway! :lol: He had stopped at the corner to call you to mess with us! Now THAT'S Gene! :lol: I love you Geno!

I remember him working on his bike way after dark at TOTT and just having a great time with everyone that walked by! And you are right Lori I could feel the tears welling up and then I just thought of his big smile and that his how I will always think of him!!

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
on two seperate ocasions geno rode fro iowa to MI for the weekend just to hangout and ride with us, he was always a trooper and could always have us crackin up in seconds

I guess gay guys really do know everything :wink: :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,762 Posts
I am devastated.....such a beautiful soul....I consider him a friend and always will...we shared a different kind of Viet Nam bond and I am thankful for the times we talked together of it. I will truly be working through tears tonight....comfort and strength to you Gene....thank you for your life and what it has meant to me....love you,man!

1 - 20 of 203 Posts