Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summertime has arrived! Time to put up my full face for awhile. Can't wait till this one gets here.

The Skid Lid Original Half Helmet is a contoured helmet with a low-profile fit with clean, minimalist styling & thermoplastic alloy injected shell. Equiped with retention straps with D-rings. Skid lid Helmets are designed for Cruiser Riders.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Kewl,

I see there's a CycleGear store open near you in Trussville...
They sell the THH lids there for $40.00 smacks.

Definetly time for a shorty...

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Pretty good price...

9 mile ride over to CG and you could have one now LOL...

...jest messin' with ya kiddo :wink:
jim

·
Banned
10,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've looked at my local CG and they don't carry the "Skid Lid" brand. I've heard that these helmets use a different shell for each size unlike some other brands that use an extra large shell and fill the rest in with padding to make it smaller. This one is supposed to have less of a "mushroom" effect. I wear an extra small and look really funny with a regular beanie. LOL :D

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I had a large THH at first...didn't feel right, then I returned it for a small.
Small sat too high on me mellon.
So I traded that one back to a large, the second large actually fit.

I think I had a hard time with the first large because I was riding it with the little visor on there. Finally figured out the visor catches too much wind and knocks the lid backward while hitting 45 or higher.

The phony carbon fiber one THH has is kind of neat-o...I still want to get a white one tho...

Glad that Skid Lid fits you,

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
love my skid lid - had it out for its first ride fo the year yesterday. this warm weather rawks!

cheers!

-mistress k

1 - 7 of 7 Posts