Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Robert, just saw this. Could so easily have been much worse - glad you made it home!

You have a good point about a passenger. Maybe it's a good thing my wife is not interested in riding.

·
Banned
12,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
fletch24990 said:
Trtle said:
DangitallRobert...........just reading this about made me crap my pants. Really glad you are able to post about it. Alas........all of my spare Volusia parts are now gone or I would be sending them to you. If you need anything please let me know. If it's within my power I will make it happen. Tried to call yesterday but missed you.
He never answers his phone :roll:
it's true... i admit it. :oops: i hate the thing.
beezer said:
so how's things going Robert ?
EXCELLENT! I decided I get pissed off easy enough without having to deal with thinking about chasing this guy down and dealing with it all, so I turned it all over to Progressive. I gave them all the info, the adjuster just came to look at Black Betty, and we're gonna get her all fixed up in a new dress. ;) The adjuster was very nice, and said she's already found the name of the owner of the pickup and will be trying to contact them. Of course, no guarantee anything will come of that, but at least they're handling it all now.

And the leg was good enough to walk the dog the last 2 days!

Here's the pics I took yesterday of the damage, and I'll take a few more tomorrow with the pink lines Lena drew on the bike to help the damage show up in pictures. Looks like lipstick all over the bike! :lol:

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/mightydogrec/bike pics/accident pics/?albumview=slideshow

Really appreciate all the offers of parts & help. I should be able to tell what I need, if anything once I start taking stuff off her, which I can do now that the adjuster's been here.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Wow Robert....glad you weren't more seriously injured....from the looks of the bike and the crash bars it could have been much worse.....I think I would be replacing the crash bars with the exact same ones because I feel like they really saved your leg!!!

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
dixieblueyez said:
Wow Robert....glad you weren't more seriously injured....from the looks of the bike and the crash bars it could have been much worse.....I think I would be replacing the crash bars with the exact same ones because I feel like they really saved your leg!!!
What dixie said +10000000!

Your ride bells sure did their jobs Robert!

·
Banned
12,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
them are cobras. makes me kind of glad i didn't go with that idea of filling them with cement or whatever it was that was being tossed around a while back, huh? :)

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
WOW Robert...............sure glad Black Betty isn't any worse for wear. My guess is that you "Rode It Like A Pro" when this happened. Kudo's to your riding skills my friend.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's just way too close to a really bad day! Good thing you keep your head on a swivel. Glad you were able to write about it and that Black Betty will soon be on the road again.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I can't believe I just saw this. Scared the h3ll out of me when I saw your name to the post. I was glad to read that you came out of it without serious injury and impressed with both your ability to react so quickly to control your bike and your temper (2 things I am still working on when face with situations of this kind).
I don't have much in the way of parts but anything I have that you might need are yours.

Cheers!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Mightydog vs. barrel

JEEZ Robert! I just saw this...thank God you are ok and your bike is repairable. These bozos drive like maniacs around here. I know exactly where you are talking about on that ramp...it's bad even in the lightest traffic in a car much less a bike!

Hope to see you and Betty soon!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
mightydog said:
them are cobras. makes me kind of glad i didn't go with that idea of filling them with cement or whatever it was that was being tossed around a while back, huh? :)

after looking at the pictures, it looks like you have been taking lessons from Ernie......particularly that one artistic shot of the reflection of your dog in the transmission cover....it looks like he has a concerned look on his face also :shock: :shock: :shock: ......just like the rest of us.....glad you are ok though :D :D

·
Banned
12,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
thanks, Jerry (owe you a phone call! :) ), Mary Beth, Bill, Joe, John! Hopefully today I'll find some time to start pulling stuff off of her and get her out to stretch her legs a bit. Should have an answer from the insurance tomorrow. I'm thinking... new crash bars, get them used hardbags painted and mounted, and maybe... a world wide customs batwing fairing with radio instead of a new windshield and speakers. 8)

yeah, John, that's my hornery little pup standing there checking out the bike, and thinking, "you want ME to ride on THAT?!?!" :shock:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Mightydog vs. barrel

Oh yeah...I'm lovin' the idea of a fairing and stereo. I'm seriously considering the same. That would be too sweet!

·
Banned
12,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Re: Mightydog vs. barrel

Queenie said:
Oh yeah...I'm lovin' the idea of a fairing and stereo. I'm seriously considering the same. That would be too sweet!
we're gonna have to go see murphy's. i think his is sans stereo, but sure looks good.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
mightydog said:
thanks, Jerry (owe you a phone call! :) ), Mary Beth, Bill, Joe, John! Hopefully today I'll find some time to start pulling stuff off of her and get her out to stretch her legs a bit. Should have an answer from the insurance tomorrow. I'm thinking... new crash bars, get them used hardbags painted and mounted, and maybe... a world wide customs batwing fairing with radio instead of a new windshield and speakers. 8)

yeah, John, that's my hornery little pup standing there checking out the bike, and thinking, "you want ME to ride on THAT?!?!" :shock:

Yeah Robert some of the Texas Free Riders were also concerned about you when I rode with them yesterday.....you may be hearing from them....they plan on making it a weekend ride for the group in April to come over to the bayou rally.

·
Banned
12,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
kudzufarmer said:
...they plan on making it a weekend ride for the group in April to come over to the bayou rally.
that would be great!!! maybe some more north texans will join in now. they're putting us to shame down there. :)

·
Banned
12,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
stuhomi said:
Hey Robert, Wow I Am Sure Sorry To Hear About Your Accident Bud. Dean Is Right ... Luckily You Have Lots Of Miles Under Your Belt. Your Bike Can Always Be Repaired But As We All Know, The Older We Get ..The Longer It Takes Us To Heal. Let Us Know If There Is Anything We Can Do For You Bud.
Thanks, Randy! appreciate it. I think it's gonna be okay. I haven't gotten the check yet, but from what I just saw on Progressive's website on my claim, I'm going to come out of this smelling like a rose. Figuratively speaking, of course! :D

I'm going fairing shopping. 8)

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
mightydog said:
stuhomi said:
Hey Robert, Wow I Am Sure Sorry To Hear About Your Accident Bud. Dean Is Right ... Luckily You Have Lots Of Miles Under Your Belt. Your Bike Can Always Be Repaired But As We All Know, The Older We Get ..The Longer It Takes Us To Heal. Let Us Know If There Is Anything We Can Do For You Bud.
Thanks, Randy! appreciate it. I think it's gonna be okay. I haven't gotten the check yet, but from what I just saw on Progressive's website on my claim, I'm going to come out of this smelling like a rose. Figuratively speaking, of course! :D

I'm going fairing shopping. 8)

Robert, i'm glad you clarified that point......I just didn't see you as a rose smelling kind of guy :shock: :shock: :shock:

41 - 60 of 65 Posts