Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Really glad you are OK and already recovering. Sorry to hear about the bike though.

Hope you have good luck on going after the a$$hat that crowded you out. I wish I knew what drives people to do 3 and 4 lane merging/exiting on interstates. Other than their own greed of time and total disregard for others.

Take care Robert and I'll see you soon if the weather holds up.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
DangitallRobert...........just reading this about made me crap my pants. Really glad you are able to post about it. Alas........all of my spare Volusia parts are now gone or I would be sending them to you. If you need anything please let me know. If it's within my power I will make it happen. Tried to call yesterday but missed you.

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
:shock:

Whew!!! I'm glad you're OK Robert!!! Way to hang on to it

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Unreal. Glad it didn't turn out worse than this. And I'm impressed how calm you seem to be through this.

·
Banned
12,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Muchas gracias, folks! I'm surprised at how little it seems to have affected me, too. Even right after it happened. I was more pissed off at AAA than shook up from the accident.

One thing it's left me with though...

I'm not sure I can take the responsibility for a passenger any more.

When I got to the house and Delo and I were looking at the bike, she asked, "What if I would have been on it?" I could only shake my head. I couldn't even speak the words that seemed to be obvious while looking at the place the saddle bag used to be, and where her left leg would have been sitting. I think you're right about the crash bars doing their job, although I think my foot got pinched when they folded onto the floorboard. But there wasn't anything left from behind my leg to the rear of the bike. The passenger floorboard is twisted and hanging.

I'm so glad she didn't go with me. Actually, now I'm glad she's probably not even going to be disappointed if I tell her she can't ride with me any more. I don't think I could live with it if something like that happened with her on it.

Cap, I think you're right! I was thinking the same thing... what do I have to hit to knock this bike over?! And even more amazing was that everything seemed to be stable and straight on the ride home.

Thanks, Dean! For everything. Don't know I deserve all that, but I've had a good mentor! ;)

Vol_intruder, I remember! Talimena at the relay kickoff in 2007, I think it was! Looking forward to next time.

Thanks again, all! Watch for some lady's leather and armrests for sale soon. :lol:

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
GOSH MD!!! Really glad to hear you were able to keep the bike up. That is a testament to your riding skills. Also glad to hear you weren't hurt.

Too bad about the bike. It doesn't seem fair that someone can run you off the road and not be responsible. I guess I will let them hit me instead... :?

It really sounds like you had a lot of really nice people around you when it happened. That really is good to know. It helps restore some of my confidence in humanity.

·
Premium Member
16,535 Posts
Trtle said:
DangitallRobert...........just reading this about made me crap my pants. Really glad you are able to post about it. Alas........all of my spare Volusia parts are now gone or I would be sending them to you. If you need anything please let me know. If it's within my power I will make it happen. Tried to call yesterday but missed you.
He never answers his phone :roll:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Glad you're ok.

Just reading it made me squeeze my butt so tight I'm probably going to carry my computer chair with me when I get up.

·
Registered
8,173 Posts
fletch24990 said:
Trtle said:
He never answers his phone :roll:

Aint THAT the truth. :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Robert.....happy that you are still here to tell us about this creep that caused you to hit the guardrail..... let me know what parts you need and if I have them laying around they are yours! ....take care

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hell of a tale mightydog - glad you're here to tell it. A reminder to us all that no matter how much you're enjoying the ride you gotta keep your wits about you cos the roads are full of idiots.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Glad to hear you weren't more seriously injured. Bikes can be repaired, but human bodies take a lot longer to fix. We are glad, MD, that you are okay whether you find the other guy or not. It sounds like God was riding with you on this one.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Well Robert, I'm a day late.....

Glad you are ok and really glad Delo wasn't with you! Hope you can get some compensation from the guy even if you do have to go to small claims.

Take care of that leg, you never know what you could have done to it.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

OMG ROBERT!!!!!! I SO GLAD YOU'RE OK!!!!!

21 - 40 of 65 Posts