Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
my ususal station right now is $3.39 for reg...$4.09 premium...just came down a dime...can find gas here as low as $3.19...heading to NC in a few weeks to visit my daughter and will be interesting to see what I find the pricing will be as I pass thru NY..NJ,,Pa,,WV..VA,,, and NC.
Gas taxes are pretty awful in PA. Locally, we're about $3.55/9 for regular.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Is gas over $4/gal in your area?
Up to $4.20 for premium, depending on the brand.
Our taxes in Oregon are high, and we are one of two states that don't trust the population enough to let them pump their own fuel into a car. Motorcyclists can fill their own tanks though.

·
Super Moderator
24,355 Posts
ouch...always found Pa cheaper...maybe not by much but still cheaper...guess not now tho,,,NJ still has guys /girls pumping gas at the pumps for the customers... like Oregon...they will let you pump your own gas if you're on a mc.

·
Registered
2005 Boulevard C50
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
my ususal station right now is $3.39 for reg...$4.09 premium...just came down a dime...can find gas here as low as $3.19...heading to NC in a few weeks to visit my daughter and will be interesting to see what I find the pricing will be as I pass thru NY..NJ,,Pa,,WV..VA,,, and NC.
Depending on the part of VA you visit.... Gas in the southwest area is running anywhere from 2.89 to 3.19 per Gal.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I filled my truck the other day for $1.37/9 for 87 octane. Here in Canada we use that metric thing so that’s per litre. Times that by 4 to get a gallon, that’s $5.51/6 per gallon.

·
Super Moderator
31,308 Posts
The taxes in some states are insane.

·
Super Moderator
24,355 Posts
remember the first time i took a trip to canada back in the early 70's...didn't realize the gas prices were listed by liters...figured....wow...gas sure is cheap here...by the time I filled my car tank I realized my mistake and came away with glad I'm just visiting and don't live here.

·
Registered
20,808 Posts
I moved to the border of WVa and now get to shop and buy my gas in another state. It was $2.969 a gallon in Ohio, $3.659 a gallon on US 30 back in Pa. The difference is ALL taxes.

·
Super Moderator
24,355 Posts
interesting chart...thought Ct was bad...guess we shouldn't complain considering...

·
Registered
20,808 Posts
See? I drive across an imaginary line and save twenty cents per gallon automatically.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
It's not usually your Credit Card provider that puts the hold on after you notify them of travel.
Oh, it was them. She told me so, then added "it is automatic and there's nothing they can do about it, but having the pre-travel info makes it easier to turn back on." (note: it didn't seem any easier on my end.)

61 - 72 of 72 Posts