Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Opened my airbox and wait for my ordered rvs mesh round metal ring to close it. I drove it today and the bike was running fine (M50 2006 with sensor in the exhaust). It seems a little bit more powerfull. I had already a K&N filter installed. I will make a picture when it is completed.

·
Registered
19,910 Posts
No, it is not more powerful. No, the ECU cannot compensate for the additional airflow of the new filter, beyond it's programmed expectations. You are in fact, running the bike even more lean than the factory tune, which will in turn deliver less power and eventually lead to all sorts of issues in the combustion chamber.

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
Shot down in flames!!!
But, it Looks cool

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will check the color of the spark plug if it is to lean. Otherwise I can close the mesh from the inside. Still looks nice....
Won’t my sensor regulate my ECU enough?

·
Registered
19,910 Posts
No. The ECU has a limited range for advance and retard of the ignition, based on a stock air fuel system. Once you exceed those limits, it will max on whatever direction is needed, but it will not be enough to compensate for the lean condition you created. There is no free power, never has been, never will be.

Reactions: duglaura

·
Super Moderator
4,502 Posts
What John is saying.... There's no replacement for displacement!! Period!

Reactions: beezer

·
Registered
19,910 Posts
Sure. A fuel processor can be added. But it provides minimal power gains for the investment. If you feel the need for more power, buy a bigger bike.

Reactions: Lihpster

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Work in progress....
The shiny thing inside is my K&N filter. The inside ring is closing to the chrome cap of the airfilter. I can seal that with kit or a rubber ring so no extra air can come inside if I will decide that. I am not looking for more power. My vance&hines are for a better sound, my K&N filter for lower costs and this mod is just for a nicer look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts