Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Won't order from them again.

After spending quite a bit of money over the past few years they finally stuck it to me. I ordered a rear fender tip for my C90T and rec'd the wrong one. They insist that the parts are interchangeable between the LC1500 and the C90. I called National Cycle and was told that they make two different parts and they are not the same. The respnse I rec'd from Oneida?? I have to pay a 25% restocking fee for the wrong part! I have been waiting weeks for an RMA.

Deniis Kirk baby! They macth prices, customer service is excellent, shipping is quick.. bye bye Oneida.

Save yourself the headache and avoid Oneida.

Chris.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I second Dennis Kirk!
Great on-line merchant...

Sorry about the Oneida deal, frankly they scare me :cry:

·
Registered
499 Posts
^^^^^^^ + 1 they scare the heck out of me and I have not even ordered from them! seems like good and bad experiences have been had but all are attracted to their price?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I just got an order yesterday from Oneida... knock on wood I have never had problems......

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Special Ed said:
Oneida charges premium prices for shipping, too...
still has always been better then the tax here in Washington

·
Registered
135 Posts
hey

well knock on wood oneida was good for me. i ordered my pipes from them. accidently ordered pipes for a 1500 (dont ask me how i did it , all i know is that i did it) they were able to catch the pipes at the ups terminal before they went out , they brought them back , and sent me the right ones.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Oneida

I had good service with Oneida, but I agree, their shipping charges are excessive. I ordered Showchrome highway bars on the net from Dennis Kirk a couple of weeks ago ($171.00). They arrived in four days and there weren't any shipping charges. I've bought a lot accessories from Dennis Kirk. They've got my vote for being a top notch vendor.

·
Registered
140 Posts
After buying many items from Oneida I started running into a problem. My orders kept being cancelled one or two days after the order was placed. When I finally got someone on the phone (no easy task) I was told that my ship-to address at work was not registered with my credit card company. (I never heard of this and had been doing it for years.) After registering properly they still continued to cancel my orders and were not at all sympathetic and refused to adjust their records. They basically couldn't be bothered to make a simple adjustment to their records and thereby cut me off from further ordering. Long live XTreme Suzuki in Ohio.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
I ordered a Mustang seat from them, and after seeing on the checkout process that the shipping address must be on file with the cc company, I called said cc company and added it. I received the Mustang seat (at my office) a week later. No probs.

There are horror stories about their returns, that's for sure. If I were nikopen I'd press National Cycle for some sort of documented proof that the parts aren't interchangeable. That definitely seems like a bogus deal, that's for sure.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have bought a few things from them with no problems.......

So far.....

They seem OK as long as there is NEVER a wrong part issue...then they fall FAR short.

I just ordered a Mustang passenger backrest TODAY....

Trick: always specify EXACTLY what bike you are ordering for and what the part is IN THE ORDER ITSELF. This helps...and gives you some backup if they screw up.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
well, it looks like I do. I appears they sent the wrong Thunder Manufacturing adapter w/ my Kury intake. Not sure yet. Still talking w/ Thunder.

I won't even contact Oneida.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Never dealt with Oneida

I have never dealt with Oneida but I have dealt with other problem companies. I always use my American Express account to order online. If anything is wrong and the company refuses to work with me I simply call American Express and they reverse the charges... no questions asked. Can't find a better charge company to deal with.

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
Re: Never dealt with Oneida

dhrizzo said:
I have never dealt with Oneida but I have dealt with other problem companies. I always use my American Express account to order online. If anything is wrong and the company refuses to work with me I simply call American Express and they reverse the charges... no questions asked. Can't find a better charge company to deal with.
WELCOME, new member.

Pete

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
jberg said:
After buying many items from Oneida I started running into a problem. My orders kept being cancelled one or two days after the order was placed. When I finally got someone on the phone (no easy task) I was told that my ship-to address at work was not registered with my credit card company. (I never heard of this and had been doing it for years.) After registering properly they still continued to cancel my orders and were not at all sympathetic and refused to adjust their records. They basically couldn't be bothered to make a simple adjustment to their records and thereby cut me off from further ordering. Long live XTreme Suzuki in Ohio.
I have a similar problem. I've ordered from them several times over the years with good luck. Tried to order an item over two weeks ago and their system said my email didn't match their records. Ok... So I called and they said they only take calls for walk in parts pick up. If it wnat to order I had to use the internet. Ok... So I tried the web site again and and used their "help" to send them a message explaining the problem - no answer after two weeks. I guess they really don't want my $$$ so I'll take my business elsewhere.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Studly said:
Quoting what Studly said without actually quoting because the quote would be long..
Gawd dang that kind of thing drives me nutz!

It just gets past me how a business can afford to make dealing with them a nightmare.

I sometimes wonder what their losses are by operating that way.
Kind of like W-Mart and H-Depot, we're always surprised when it goes easy.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Bike Bandit...

Never ordered from Oneida, but made the mistake of ordering from Bike Bandit once. I'll never do that again. They sent me the top half of the rain suit I ordered and wouldn't send me the pants. They even admitted that it was not sent. They said that even though the add stated "Rain Suit-pants and jacket", it was a mistake and only a jacket was supposed to be included. When I protested their mistake they said that they couldn't send it because they were sold out of it. I went online and ordered the pants while I was talking to the customer "disservice" reprasentative. When I let her know what I had done, she told me "to wait and see if you get them", and offered me half of my money back since I got half of my order. They also charged me for shipping the vista cruise I added to the order because the first order I had placed had already been shipped. But somehow they arrived in the same box....
I'll go with Dennis Kirk anytime...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just received OEM saddle bags for my C50 from Oneida. Both service and price were excellent. I used the Paypal option for payment. This gives you an excellent record in case of problems. Based on my first experience, I would shop from Oneida again...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts