Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
Super Moderator
58,656 Posts
She had kids with you what do you expect plus you have a good job. It can't be your personality :p

·
Premium Member
3,728 Posts
I meant I've been married along time :D, but I know you have too :)
And it's a woman's duty to ask questions....it comes with our birth certificates !

·
Super Moderator
21,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
She had kids with you what do you expect plus you have a good job. It can't be your personality :p
maybe it was all those 5 star dinners dates at Jack in the Box when we were dating.

·
Super Moderator
21,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
I meant I've been married along time :D, but I know you have too :)
And it's a woman's duty to ask questions....it comes with our birth certificates !
Also the woman's duty here to keep the coffee pot full ...but...pots empty again...then again...todays man learns to expect nothing, take what you get...learn to be self sufficient.

Remember giving those words of fatherly wisdom to my son the day he was getting married...also told him "treat her like a queen.. admit when you f*ck up...never be too big to say you're sorry.

·
Super Moderator
21,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Monday...the 21st...

small window of riding time available before heading to work but any time in the saddle is better than no time in the saddle...

pour the second cup to go, grab the camera and quickly head out…

heading to nowhere in particular, pass this 5 star establishment…

5 stars for the food, not for the ambience...first time I came here I figured with very little overhead this guy must have to pay, lets gamble he puts the money he saves on his bills, to invest in some quality meat…

guess what...even I can be right sometimes...turned out to be a “stop here again”…

my anniversary is coming up soon...june 5 to be exact...42 years...lucky Barb...she deserves nothing but the best, so wonder if I should make a reservation now… a booth by the window...bring a rose, light a candle, set the tone for some lunchtime romance...see...I can be that guy...even go full throttle and let her pay...yep...so I'm a big spender...

remember that winter project gone wrong...wonder who’s garage this one is going to end up in this winter….

Growing up on Long Island, Barb and I used to spend many a nite on the northshore, laying on a blanket by the water, sipping Boones Farm under the stars, gazing across the long island sound at Ct...planning our dream...country home...picket fence...kids playing in the yard...

live-in french maid…

well..maybe not that part... wouldn’t be me if this thread didn’t find its way to the gutter…

and yet...never knowing we actually live that dream...

how about that...a promise I actually kept...still working on the french maid part tho…..

not mine...in my dreams maybe... but happy to be living in the country regardless…

wonder who actually gets to decide the name of roads

I really don’t think I could do any worse….

Mentioned in some other thread about the need to downsize to something simple...really just need a big eat in kitchen, small living room, and a place to put the bed...of course need some room for the toys...all of them…

could work...should work...wonder if he’d take an offer….

On we go and here we go again...another one wanting a piece of the road…

and then it was time to head back....good day...good ride...till tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,728 Posts
You took Barb to JIB ???? I got Taco Bell !!
I used to get up & make Dave coffee every morn before work. Even got up & took him to work sometimes. Usually when that big grey boat he was on was leaving for awhile. Then the kid came along & since I was the only one who could feed hi in the middle of the night, I figured Dave could make his own coffee :D I figured that now that he's home all day, why change things ?

·
Super Moderator
21,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
no wonder the pots always empty.

·
Super Moderator
21,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Tuesday...the 22nd...

Forecast calling for rain at some point today...maybe I'll make another empty promise to The Big Guy Up There...see if he can keep the drops from falling till I get back...

·
Premium Member
3,728 Posts
I got other things to do ! Did you get any of the cake I baked ? It was delish !!

·
Super Moderator
21,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
got nothing...story of my life...on the outside always looking in...got no ride in today either...so thats O for 2...rain came as I was getting ready...just when it would appear to be stopping it would start again...good day to be grouchy and pout.

·
Premium Member
3,728 Posts
Don't pout :kiss2:

·
Super Moderator
58,656 Posts
I start my day off with Belinda bringing me coffee in bed. :)

·
Super Moderator
21,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I start each day off with a thank you prayer to the BIG GUY UP THERE for letting me wake up...the rest is all bonus. Coffee in bed would be a nice bonus tho...

·
Super Moderator
21,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
few years back...wife went to the hairdresser and got a new hairstyle...I hated it...did nothing for her, made her look old, but learned when dealing with the other gender, honesty will never be the way to go when they ask your opinion on anything...sort of like...do these jeans make my rear end look big...loaded question right...pretty much just tell them what they want to hear...so I tell her looks nice...period.

Years go by...comes home from the hairdresser same style everytime...I finally suggest "maybe a new style would be nice"...

she...why...don't you like it?
me... sure but..
she...you don't like it...
me...no...not really..
she...I've been getting it cut this way cause you said you like it...I did it for you.
me...sorry...but I never liked it...hated it...didn't want to hurt your feelings...

last time she ever asked me if I like her hair when she got home.

it really is a no win situation...when you lie...they get mad...they know your full of sh*t...when you tell the truth...they wish you'd lie. Life used to be so simple.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Love the hair story Dennis! Celebrated my 23rd yesterday with my wife...I really am a lucky bastard.
I learned early on: only positive comments about haircuts and clothes...even when they push you. Any other answer is a Black Hole.

Reactions: DCinCT

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Great story Dennis...doing well until the "suggestion"

I'm a lucky bastard as well. I married someone who has an endless sense of humor, can laugh at herself and simply doesn't take many things too seriously. Can't say I'm 100% honest in every thought about clothing, hair and appearence but she seems to pick up on subtleties when I answer which saves me from the conversation...many years together does that I think. She buys new jeans that really look good on her....she says how do they look?...I say holy shat those look awesome on you.......then 3 weeks later she says....how do these other pants look?....I say pretty good.....next thing I see is the return bag on the table ready to head back to the store.....Genius

·
The Village Idiot
5,050 Posts
Congrats on the longevity fellas. I'm at 21.5 years with my better half, in spite of my worst efforts to be good or my best efforts at being a complete idiot. My wife is a saint for putting up with me. I'm lucky that she loves to shop at thrift stores, doesn't go to hair dressers or nail places....she's humble and the best mommy for our kids you can imagine. But on my end, no matter what it is she's wearing, doing or puttin on...it looks great :)

41 - 60 of 105 Posts