Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
57,538 Posts
The paint work is fugly and the price is too high. I traded an 05 in in 07 with 5K on it for $4300. The bike is 13 years old.

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
You're paying for the custom paint job, not necessarily the bike

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
I think the point is coming across ............. don't do it!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I had my laptop screen dimmed down a little and didn't even pay attention to the paint job... hahaha , price too high and ya, lose the paint job!!!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Gads. I bought my 08 for $500 less with 20k less miles. Plus I couldn't handle that creepy face looking up at me when I'm riding yikes!

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If it were me, I would give him $1000 and tear it down for repainting as soon as I got it home...

·
Super Moderator
25,171 Posts
I'm with everyone else. If you like the paint job, look around and you can probably get an '01 for more like $2,500 and paint it yourself for about $500, putting you with another $1,000 in your pocket for other extras. IMHO half the fun is buying stock and customizing it yourself.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
If that's a artist paint job and not a decal job it probably cost a few thousand dollars. I personally don't like it but if you do you'll be hard pressed to find another looks a lot like a one of a kind.

Don't be thrown off by the $4000 firm if you really want it make an offer he can only say yes, no, or make a counter offer.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I like this one a lot better! You seem to be drawn to custom art, and this one is certainly more tolerable, a newer bike, and still saving yourself some $$$. :wayhappy:

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
For me, that "custom paint job" knocks what I'd offer for the bike DOWN about $1500, since that's what it would cost to get the bike repainted! I hate custom paint jobs, and that one is particularly ugly! I wonder sometimes if people who paint their bikes like that are mentally stable. I'm serious.

Besides the paint, it's a 13 year old, 800cc bike, and you can buy nicer ones (that you DON'T have to repaint) for a lot less than that one!

Here's a few I found in my area:

2007 C50T with only 9,500 miles for $4400

http://youngstown.craigslist.org/mcy/4333997135.html

2008 C50T, $5500:

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/4317339690.html

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Uucccggh! I wouldn't take that bike for half that price. I say go for a bike like the ones diehard posted. If you're willing to pay that kind of money, get bike with a nice fairng or a lot of OEM aftermarket parts or something. Don't pay mpre for someone elses' "custom paint job".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts