Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello from saskatoon canada i was wondering if anyone has had an oil leak lowering your bike? i added amsoil 10-40 and my bike started to leak i changed back to dino and it stopped i have a 08 c50 19.000 km lowered it 2 1/2 jnches and it started leaking agian its leaking on the left hand side i noticed oil by the driveshaft end by the motor.the rubber seal is leaking oil. thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
13,217 Posts
well ... i'm confused as to where the oil leak is coming from ... got any pics of the area?

sounds like (with out seeing it) that maybe you didn't get the filter on correctly? maybe left the old filter gasket on the engine block?
did you spill some oil during the change?

stripped out the drain plug?

or is it leaking from the final drive??

if you know it is leaking from a rubber gasket ~ I'd say replace the gasket.

someone will be along shortly who might have a better idea... pics might help.

8)

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Not too sure what dino is... I do know that just about any sythetic oil (amsoil, mobil1 etc...) will leak much easier than conventional motor oil. I've experiened that phenomenon in some of my vehicles. I'm not clear on your full situtation, but maybe the switch to synthetic just exposed somehing that has been there all along.

·
Registered
93 Posts
dakota07 said:
i pulled the cover off left side its leaking from the final drive
Hi, If you have a leak from the drive onto the rear wheel, it may be that you have too much oil in the drive, then it heats up it will leak out. Maybe by lowering the bike the final drive oil level is now too high. Check it out it maybe it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pulled off the left cover agian its leaking from the secondary gear case. has anybody changed those seals? if you have how hard is it. thanks

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
Did you debadge recently? That is, took the emblems off the gas tank and side covers? Your bike may be confused if you did the debadge and now it leaks because it thinks it is from that American motorcycle company.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the same leak on my 09 C50T. It has 5000 miles. The leak is just a small drip that I noticed under the bike on the left side under the left rear side cover (where the front of the drive shaft is). What did you do to fix yours? What year is your bike? How much does it leak, and how long has it been leaking?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Bump.
Interested in this one, because if a C50 were to leak oil, where would it occur?

Bump!

·
Premium Member
20,380 Posts
Gazoo09 said:
I have the same leak on my 09 C50T. It has 5000 miles. The leak is just a small drip that I noticed under the bike on the left side under the left rear side cover (where the front of the drive shaft is). What did you do to fix yours? What year is your bike? How much does it leak, and how long has it been leaking?
Since everyone knows only those bikes leak, you must be right! :lol:

Reactions: rtillery02

·
Banned
12,353 Posts
Trent said:
Bump.
Interested in this one, because if a C50 were to leak oil, where would it occur?

Bump!
not the op's situation, looks like, but if it were a little more forward, and motor oil, it could be dripping from the hole/gasket where the shifter linkage comes thru the left side engine cover.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, my 2009 C50 developed a "small" engine oil leak on its' LEFT side under the larger chrome cover, after a couple of trips in there it turned out to be an O ring about 1 inch across sealing a small 2 bolt 'cap' that needed replacing. tip: order a "couple" of'em cuz there's a niche to installing them without having them leak again right away...you'll see, it's the location, location.

·
Super Moderator
26,420 Posts
Well, my 2009 C50 developed a "small" engine oil leak on its' LEFT side under the larger chrome cover, after a couple of trips in there it turned out to be an O ring about 1 inch across sealing a small 2 bolt 'cap' that needed replacing. tip: order a "couple" of'em cuz there's a niche to installing them without having them leak again right away...you'll see, it's the location, location.
After nine years, I'm going to guess that there OP has probably fixed their leak by now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts