Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone might know where I should be looking from this oil leak photo..? So far I tried tightening what I think might be loose but nothing is and this is what I saw when I removed the panels. I'm wondering if there is any seals that might have gone early? Bike is 2016 and have16km on odometer.

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
That is the mechanical clutch adjustment. It allows you to take up "the slack" as your clutch plates and clutch springs wear. As it runs through the engine, it has a seal around the adjustment shaft to keep the oil inside. There is nothing you can do, except start a tear down to replace it, but with the crack in your frame I would say it would be better to find another bike.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the mechanical clutch adjustment. It allows you to take up "the slack" as your clutch plates and clutch springs wear. As it runs through the engine, it has a seal around the adjustment shaft to keep the oil inside. There is nothing you can do, except start a tear down to replace it, but with the crack in your frame I would say it would be better to find another bike.
Ok Skrapiron I appreciate the quick reply and will update with the repair when I get the part to do it also the welding of the frame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts