1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
part #
ez valve ez103
Fumoto 103
I recently purchased an EZ-111 valve from a certified dealer. I used the chart on the ezvalve website to find my specifications. The chart did not list many Suzuki motorcycle models. The chart said "and other engines size 14mm-1.25 ". So I bought the EZ-111 for a 14mm oil plug.

It turns out my 2012 Suzuki Boulevard C50 has a 12mm-1.25 oil plug, so I should have bought the EZ-103.

I installed the 103 today and it looks beautiful. Now all I need to change my oil is a rag, a funnel, and the cheapest diesel motor oil I can find!

-Edmond

Attachments

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
That's a great idea. Keep us updated on how it works out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had this on my car for a day before my (now ex) wife drove like a maniac and hit a curb with it. $500 later I had a new oil pan installed with a regular plug.

·
Registered
20,365 Posts
Not sure I would trust my bike's life blood to a quarter turn gate valve. Especially with all of the vibration, but to each their own...

·
Registered
625 Posts
Just curious: what tools did you eliminate after you installed this valve? did you need a special Suzuki tool to open oil plug? I do understand the convenience factor of being able to just put a hose on the end, and drain oil into a very large jug, and I see why you would want an oil plug valve on a tractor engine, heck even on your work truck, but why would you want this valve on a bike? Do you do oil changes on it every other week?

·
Registered
215 Posts
This has to be a wind up. Oil plug work is the easiest job on the bike, apart from adding petrol.
Why would you buy a starship enterprise part for an oil change?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I have these on both of my 7.3's (and a German variation on my VW) on the diesels its handy and I make less mess both on my fingers and area around drain pan, but as others stated; on a bike? I change the oil on my bike once a year whether it needs it or not...
However to each his/her own, if you like it, cheers!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This has to be a wind up. Oil plug work is the easiest job on the bike, apart from adding petrol.
Why would you buy a starship enterprise part for an oil change?
Because my C50 is my commuter. I put a lot of miles on it. If I am on a trip I can do an OC with no tools. I rather just buy the valve than change out the washer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Just curious: what tools did you eliminate after you installed this valve? did you need a special Suzuki tool to open oil plug? I do understand the convenience factor of being able to just put a hose on the end, and drain oil into a very large jug, and I see why you would want an oil plug valve on a tractor engine, heck even on your work truck, but why would you want this valve on a bike? Do you do oil changes on it every other week?
No wrench needed. No oil on fingers. I change the oil frequently because I ride hard.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had this on my car for a day before my (now ex) wife drove like a maniac and hit a curb with it. $500 later I had a new oil pan installed with a regular plug.
I have ridden this bike through fields with this mod. The grass hasn't opened the valve. The valve sits below the frame so even if I bashed a large rock the frame would take the impact unless the rock was pointy and hit the valve directly.

·
Super Moderator
62,502 Posts
LOl
Go for it brother! :)
Got some great people in Mass. Pay attention to rides and rallies in your area.
DCinCT has a ride going tomorrow with Big Bert and Smokeater.

Bring a friend and hookup sometime. Follow DC's lunch ride posts. He's always planning something. He's a great asset to our family here. He likes when you bring him a banana and to have his balls broken :D

Social distancing since 1954

·
Super Moderator
23,207 Posts
what angle you working now...you w/something nice to say about me...not going to fall for it...but it would be nice if NietzMaan would show so we meet and could get a close up of his ride...hey,,,he;s only an hour from the lunch spot.,,,cup of coffee.

·
Super Moderator
23,207 Posts
come to one of our rallies...they won't look the same when you leave...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts