1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
part #
ez valve ez103
Fumoto 103
I recently purchased an EZ-111 valve from a certified dealer. I used the chart on the ezvalve website to find my specifications. The chart did not list many Suzuki motorcycle models. The chart said "and other engines size 14mm-1.25 ". So I bought the EZ-111 for a 14mm oil plug.

It turns out my 2012 Suzuki Boulevard C50 has a 12mm-1.25 oil plug, so I should have bought the EZ-103.

I installed the 103 today and it looks beautiful. Now all I need to change my oil is a rag, a funnel, and the cheapest diesel motor oil I can find!

-Edmond

Attachments

·
Registered
950 Posts
That's a great idea. Keep us updated on how it works out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had this on my car for a day before my (now ex) wife drove like a maniac and hit a curb with it. $500 later I had a new oil pan installed with a regular plug.

·
Registered
19,601 Posts
Not sure I would trust my bike's life blood to a quarter turn gate valve. Especially with all of the vibration, but to each their own...

·
Registered
544 Posts
Just curious: what tools did you eliminate after you installed this valve? did you need a special Suzuki tool to open oil plug? I do understand the convenience factor of being able to just put a hose on the end, and drain oil into a very large jug, and I see why you would want an oil plug valve on a tractor engine, heck even on your work truck, but why would you want this valve on a bike? Do you do oil changes on it every other week?

·
Registered
25 Posts
This has to be a wind up. Oil plug work is the easiest job on the bike, apart from adding petrol.
Why would you buy a starship enterprise part for an oil change?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts