Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 03 Vol. one year ago. I have just changed the oil for the second time. The manual says it should take 3.6 quarts with filter change. It takes 4 full quarts to bring it to the full mark. Iran it there for a thousand miles on the last change with no problems. Should I run it with 4 quarts or run it below the full mark with 3.6.Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Just changed my oil last Friday
4.0 quarts of fully synthetic Mobil one V-Twin 20w50 put the level at the top line. :)

·
Registered
961 Posts
You are checking this with the bike upright, correct? If you are checking on the side stand then you overfilled.
Actually, when you put in the appropriate amount of oil, the oil will be on the bottom line when on it's side stand. In the middle when vertical. Overfilled if on the top line when vertical. Both on the C50 & C90. Check it out for yourself next time you change the oil.

·
Registered
7,374 Posts
Actually, when you put in the appropriate amount of oil, the oil will be on the bottom line when on it's side stand. In the middle when vertical. Overfilled if on the top line when vertical. Both on the C50 & C90. Check it out for yourself next time you change the oil.
I put 3.6 in mine and keep the oil level, when the bike is vertical, midway between the lines.

When my bike is on the side stand there is no oil visible in the sight glass, only when the bike is up rite, do I get an oil reading.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I've just changed mine and carefully measured the oil going back in, 3.4 litres with a filter.

It has taken it to the top line as per the manual.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Right, I was referring to if he fills to FULL using all 4 quarts on the sidestand.

However, Mine doesn't show up on its side stand and it's over halfway between marks when upright.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts