Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Well.... given he was driving along the center line like he was.. paying attention to his driving was NOT one of the things he was doing.

Yep.... inattentive driving would be one of the things he should be charged with, if not reckless driving and endangerment. They are all lucky it's not a Manslaughter or a Vehicular Homicide situation.

·
Registered
171 Posts
LA???

That looks like a big lawsuit in the making, as it should be.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Hey Neighbor,
How bout sending me an email, I'm in Encino! I've sent 3 other Californians an email, ain't heard from them!! Joined last month and having a helluva time finding myself around the forum!! Would be great to have a riding partner, once my 06C50 gets fixed, got rear ended last Tuesday while getting ready to turn into our driveway!
[email protected]
LOOKING FORWARD TO RECEIVING AN EMAIL FROM YOU!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Great LED's

Being rear ended is one of my big fears, especially at night as your tail light can so easily blend into the sea of car lights.

I have these on the bike, they are high intensity LED's from my pushbikes. They can be discreetly put anywhere, you can even have them flashing if you want (illegal in Oz).

I only turn them on when it's dark, they make a massive difference to the visibility of the bike at night.

I also wear a fluoro vest over my jacket, especially if it is dark and wet.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
G'day Mate,
Been riding over 50 years, had 8 bikes and bought my 06 C50T last December, last Tuesday around 1300 7 January while getting ready to make a left turn into our driveway, "BAM" in my rear by a pick up!! My Pucker Factor was so tight, you would not be able to drive a 10 penny nail in my butt!! Am waiting on his insurance company to take care of the $3,000 damage.
Would you please send me the details of those LED's, would like to purchase a couple. When you get a chance, send me an email at [email protected]
If you ever decide to visit up over, you be sure to let me know, you'll have a place to hang your hat!!
Cheers,

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Does anyone know if they make a white reflective helmet ?
I use a pearl white modular helmet. HJC brand. I'm sure most brands offer this color choice. It may not be true reflective, but it certainly gets the attention of drivers. You can always place white reflective tape on the rear facing portion of the helmet.

https://www.google.com/search?q=white+refectove+tape&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari#hl=en&q=white+reflective+tape&spell=1&biv=i|9;d|KiYNICHRkdeWAM:

·
Registered
845 Posts
I use the 3/4 white HJC and you are right, it does make a big difference. Yesterday I emailed HJC and asked them if they made one and if not why. I did some research and Icon makes a full for about 200. It has designs on it but i'm an old fart and I like plain.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts