Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an OEM windshield for my 07 M50. It looks good, fits good, does it's job. My issue is the wind deflects right into my visor on my helmet. If I tilt my head even the slightest bit forward my helmet whistles. If I put my hand at the top of the windshield, even an inch or two above it, it stops doing this. Is there a way to adjust the angle forward just a bit to possiblity throw this air just a little higher to fix this problem?

·
Registered
19,604 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
My 06 M50 purchased used had this Suzuki branded windshield on it (painted black?). Is this the size of your windshield?

·
Registered
19,604 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
That looks like the one.
It wasn't working for me. I replaced it with a taller Memphis Shades Big Shot Sportshield. It fit the original bracket/mount, with a small adjustment. I added this small piece of aluminum to each side to tilt the windshield forward a bit to clear the handlebars.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So based on DickB's pic of his mod I made these little brackets at work today (I love having a water jet).
IMG_20200619_200441.jpg
Now I just need to see if I can find an angle that works for me.

Can anyone with a OEM windshield measure from the top of the speedo bezel to the top of the windshield for me?
IMG_20200619_200558.jpg
I should have done it before, I know. So I know what stock distance is while I make adjustments. Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
For reference, I'm 5' 11", my Memphis Shades windshield is 9-1/2" above the speedometer. It's low enough for me to see over, but deflects the air just above my face shield.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts