Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help with a 2007 Suzuki Boulevard C90T, this bike came with a OEM light bar from Suzuki( bought the bike used) while doing a good deep cleaning noted that the insulation on wires coming of the spot light where all melted. Well to my concern I continued chasing this wire and noted that is was apparently hooked up to a accessory plug from the harness which was a small gauge wire and sure enough it was also melted. Any idea what could of caused this.
Now I'm looking to rewire the light bar with an 14 or 16 gauge wire directly to the battery. Is this a good idea? The bulbs on this light bar is a 25W H2 bulb. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.:wtf:

·
Registered
20,172 Posts
Its possible that one of the wires got a little frayed and they touched and started to overheat. Its surprising the fuse didn't blow. If you go through the battery make sure to have an inline fuse and a relay.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Could you post some pics? My OEM lightbar has H3 bulbs in it, not H2. I'm suspicious of it being an add-on rather than a factory installed accessory.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts