Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a used OEM light bar and have no idea how to connect everything. Does anyone have the factory instruction sheet they can send me (email or snail a mail)? I would like to see them, especially if they have pictures.

Has anyone here installed a set and have any words of wisdom?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
IHMO your biggest problem will be the wiring. Some people can just plug the light bar into the auxiliary power plug and ride for years. Other people experience shorts until they either hardwire the connection or do something fancy. Ask the members here for a wiring diagram.

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
There are a couple connectors which I believe are for the blinkers? There are also some pretty small wires with no connectors. I don't know if there is a factory relay or anything. Where is this auxiliary power plug?

Like I said, I need to see the instructions so I know what to do. I checked the Suzuki site and didn't find any to download. :cry:

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Reactions: MLN1963

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm hoping someone with instruction with pics or experience will see this post and help out. I'm a visual person. Let me look at the pics and I can usually do the job without needing instructions.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have learned enough from this site that I no longer plan to use the factory connection method. I will run a relay to power the driving lights and save the factory wiring and ignition switch.

Thanks for the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.