Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of OEM Engine Guards off my 2010 C50T.

Best Offer!

Ships from SW Ontario

·
Registered
575 Posts
scrap them.........

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
Engine Guards are a must have. Protection against serious damage to bike if bike ever drops and it's a great place for foot pegs when out on long trips. Good luck with the sale.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Engine Guards are a must have. Protection against serious damage to bike if bike ever drops and it's a great place for foot pegs when out on long trips. Good luck with the sale.
While I agree that some type of protection is needed, OEM engine guards are just that, "engine guards". They won't protect the tanks or your legs in a slide. What you really need are highway bars or "crash" bars that come out a lot further from the frame. They give much better protection to more of the bike and leave room so your leg doesn't get caught between the bike and the ground. Many people mount foot pegs on them for comfort and some even mount auxiliary lights on them. They are MUCH more useful than the smaller engine guards. One key consideration when purchasing aftermarket guards is be sure that they mount securely to the frame. The protection they offer is only as good as the weakest mounting point, so be sure they are sturdy.

Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
575 Posts
QUOTE=petec50c;4666881]Engine Guards are a must have. Protection against serious damage to bike if bike ever drops and it's a great place for foot pegs when out on long trips. Good luck with the sale.[/QUOTE]

>:) id like to see how you would feel after a long ride with foot pegs on o.m.e. engine guards
get a set of crash bars:wayhappy:

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BUMP

Still available ...................... cleaning out the garage

·
Premium Member
6,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BUMP again