Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Boulevard 2006 C50. After riding a while I have realized that the odometer needle gets stuck around 65-75 when decelerating on exit from the highways and then takes a while to move back to lower speeds before climbing back again as I get back to speed for local roads. Driving me nuts as sometimes I do not really know what speed I am doing.

This might be an often asked question, but is this a common issue...if so can it be fixed with simple tools or does the motorcycle need to be taken to the dealer. I have read that the needle is pretty easy part to break and worried that if I try to poke around myself might end up doing that.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Just got my Boulevard 2006 C50. After riding a while I have realized that the odometer needle gets stuck around 65-75 when decelerating on exit from the highways and then takes a while to move back to lower speeds before climbing back again as I get back to speed for local roads. Driving me nuts as sometimes I do not really know what speed I am doing.

This might be an often asked question, but is this a common issue...if so can it be fixed with simple tools or does the motorcycle need to be taken to the dealer. I have read that the needle is pretty easy part to break and worried that if I try to poke around myself might end up doing that.
I threw "ODOmeter Needle"into search, and came up with similar questions, but not exactly as you describe. You may want to look through just to familiarize yourself with the Odo set-up and how it works. And, hopefully someone who, unlike me, knows something about this will come along! :wayhappy:

·
Premium Member
23,762 Posts
Take the speedo apart (very easy) and pry up on the center of the needle gently with a fork. It is probably just pushed on a little too much and is catching on the raised indicators. I had the same prob.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Since when does an odometer have a needle?
Speedometer needle?

My gas tank is flat and my tires are running low on gas.....
My seat needs a tune up and my valves make my arse tires.....

Reactions: Sats

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Speedometer needle?

What would call it. Mr. Smarty Pants..:biglaugh:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Speedometer needle?

lol..i agree...should have mentioned it as speedometer :wayhappy:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would think the sensor magnet in the front wheel might be your problem.
Thanks for the tip. Ended up taking the motorcycle to the dealer from whom i purchased it. since it has been less than a week since my purchase, they told me that it was the sensor and they would order a replacement part and fix it for me free of charge...now just waiting for them to call me once they have the replacement sensor from suzuki.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Ended up taking the motorcycle to the dealer from whom i purchased it. since it has been less than a week since my purchase, they told me that it was the sensor and they would order a replacement part and fix it for me free of charge...now just waiting for them to call me once they have the replacement sensor from suzuki.
Great:wayhappy:

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Cool. just make sure they install the correct one. 01-04 versus 05-08 are different part numbers, but they look the same and will fit. The wrong one just makes speedo read wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts