Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Does anyone know how to bypass the O2 sensor(fitted in the exhaust on an M50)i presume the C50 has one fitted also.If its unplugged the FI light comes on.
Any help appreciated.
Jeff.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Nope. Us carbureted ones don't hassle with one and I don't think I've seen any C50/M50/C90 folks inquire about it. You're the first :shock: Let everyone know what you come up with so it can be added to the knowledge base. :wink:

Jim

No, we're not ignoring you, although it sometimes seems that way :roll:

·
Registered
79 Posts
jeff124

Did you find out about the 02 sensor? I'm assuming that you de-paired , after market exhaust, etc. Where is the 02 sensor on the M50. The only reason I'm curious is I read on another post that the 02 sensor needed to be bypassed when de-pairing. I have a C50 and I'm figuring they're similar.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi See50,
Haven't depaired,standard exhausts and air cleaner (would have fitted K & N if they were available)
I live in the UK and have just had fitted a Powercommander.The main importers Dynojet UK did the work free and on top of that gave me 25% discount on the PC.
Mine is the first in the UK to be fitted. I was unhappy with the snatch in the drive under very light throttle openings,I didn't want it fitted for more performance.
The difference is outstanding, very smooth with excellent throttle response.On testing, just open her up in top from 35 and no word of a lie, 100 comes up ,no lag or flat spots just a good long pull.After a 100 things start to slow down and flat out is still 110 (top speed is still restricted by the gearing).I am very pleased with the install.
Now the reason for O2 bypass, the technician recommends it be bypassed,as at steady throttle openings the O2 sensor may be altering mixture,and affecting the performance of the PC.Hes on the job , but I thought maybe someone here might help.
By the way,the O2 sensor is located in the silencer on my bike.You can see wires going to the top silencer.
Are M50 or C50 bikes in the States fitted with the same sensor.
Maybe you could locate the old post you mentioned and ask what they did to bypass their O2 sensor.
Jeff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts