Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just in case some of ya didn't know and might want to join in. I'll be there along with a few others.

VIETNAM MOVING WALL
Locust Grove, OK
1st STOP of the Tour-2008
April 19th, 2008

Tribute Ride and Drive from NW AR

OPEN TO ALL RIDERS AND DRIVERS
NO ATTITUDES - NO PETS - NO 18 WHEELERS

1st Stage-beginning at 8am at the Conoco/Branch Arrow Express Station - west side of Tontitown on 412 ( go pass Sonic on left to Conoco Station on right)

Briefing at 9:15

Leave for Locust Grove, OK at 9:30am "SHARP"

Route will be Hwy 412 thru Siloam Springs (where there will be more jumping in) then on to Old 412 and straight into Locust Grove, OK - no stops.

2nd Stage - at the Free Will Baptist Church (west side of town) at 11:30. At 12:00 there will be a mass ride-in to the football field located off hwy 412 on hwy 82 where we will circle the field.

See everyone at the staging area.

·
Registered
27,503 Posts
Ok, I got a notification of this from Chrome Divas and all I can say is whoever planned on the meeting place is out of their ever lovin' MINDS! The Race for the Cure is going on AT THE SAME TIME and starts at Arvest Ballpark!!! :? uumm we're talking 10's of THOUSANDS of people participating, all the traffic that goes WITH those people....and roads closed for the race. :? :? Somebody did some POOOOOOR planning!

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
I have a Stebel horn, they'll get out of way! :wink: :p :D

Hmm, might make for an interesting start off, for the runners and the bikers! :shock:

·
Registered
27,503 Posts
Seriously, have you ever been anywhere NEAR the Race for the Cure on race day? Think Arkansas/Auburn game! lol Traffic is a nightmare! And this year instead of starting at the mall they're starting at Arvest Ballpark. Yeah....right down the road from the starting point of this ride! :?

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Born2bWild said:
Seriously, have you ever been anywhere NEAR the Race for the Cure on race day? Think Arkansas/Auburn game! lol Traffic is a nightmare! And this year instead of starting at the mall they're starting at Arvest Ballpark. Yeah....right down the road from the starting point of this ride! :?
Never been near to one of those races that I know of. Hmm, might make things really interesting! 8)

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
We're hoping the weather stays good & going out of town.

·
Registered
27,503 Posts
harryp said:
Born2bWild said:
Never been near to one of those races that I know of. Hmm, might make things really interesting! 8)
ah, well that would explain why you think your bad azz self can get thousands of people to "move out of your way". :lol:

I'm going to be walking the race in memory of my Grandmother, so I'll just flip you off! :lol:

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Born2bWild said:
ah, well that would explain why you think your bad azz self can get thousands of people to "move out of your way". :lol:
I'm not the badazz, Cougar is! He has that big bike now ya know! :lol:

I'm going to be walking the race in memory of my Grandmother, so I'll just flip you off! :lol:
That sound more like something Jerry's mom would do! :shock: :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
13,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey B2bW, L.A.Lady is also walking in the race maybe you both could flip him off. :wink: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
cougar28 said:
Hey B2bW, L.A.Lady is also walking in the race maybe you both could flip him off. :wink: :lol: :lol:
Well just in case, I'm gonna start practice riding with no hands right now! :shock: :lol:

Look for my post in Rider Down later tonight! :oops: :p :shock: :D

·
Registered
27,503 Posts
I'm listening to a lady who is involved in the registration for Race for the Cure and she's saying that they have 20,000 people who've signed up...so good luck with that "big bad David!" :lol:

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Born2bWild said:
I'm listening to a lady who is involved in the registration for Race for the Cure and she's saying that they have 20,000 people who've signed up...so good luck with that "big bad David!" :lol:
I'm big, I'm bad, I'm Nationwide! :wink:

Are they going to be run/walking on 412? From the brochure, looks like the awards etc. starts at 9:20 for the Race. But I imagine like every other event out there, nothing is on time. :)

See ya there! If I do see ya, I'll honk the horn for your Grandma! 8)

·
Registered
27,503 Posts
It starts on "Watkins" then goes to 40th, West Oaklawn, then cuts on a street that I don't know what it is, then back to Watkins. So all around 412 basically..but how do you think everyone's getting there and getting out? :wink: 5k starts at 8am, Fun Run starts at 8:30, then the Celebration of Life awards start at 9:30, which is recognizing survivors. I've done this every year and I can say it's usually "really" over around 11. There are tons of vendors, entertainment, etc. People coming and going constantly from about 6:30am to about 11am for the various things going on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts