Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to fire up my 04 800 and it just keeps cranking without firing. Any suggestions? First spring with this bike.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If it has not been srarted in awhile it will hve to crank a long time to start. The carburated Vol has a vacum3 operwted fuel valve, and when they sit a long time the carb is dry and it twkes a lot of cranking to open the fuel valve to get gas to the carb. Keep cranking.

During the winter, or when ever it sits stwrt it every couple of weeks. Good luck

Ride safe JOHN

·
Registered
99 Posts
Did you winterize it ? If so what was the procedure that you followed? I would recommend you follow whatever you did to it step by step and see that you put everything back together. When I winterized mine I changed the spark plugs but did not push one of the spark plug wires all the way, after a couple months had a really hard time trying to start it up and of course did not remember about that loose wire until I retraced what was done two months before.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Open choke fully, twist throttle a few times full and release, try to start bike for a few seconds, repeat throttle twist before trying to start until bike starts.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Twisting the throttle spurts some gas into the engine from the accelerator pump. On a cold day here, choke plus one twist equals instant running engine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You said no fire correct? Then fuel will not be the issue. I wouldn't be worried about adding fuel,choking or that sort of thing if you don't have fire. How are you checking fire/spark?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts