Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few hundred miles under my belt now and I'm itching for a ride.

Willing to meet for lunch somewhere within a 3-hr ride from CT.

Weather should be good...so who wants to put up with me for the day?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I am planning on driving around RI probably Newport after Mass on Sunday.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Hey Ken, I'd love to. I need to be back home (East Greenwich, RI) by 2pm because I am heading to Boston for dinner with some friends.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Ken, I'd love to. I need to be back home (East Greenwich, RI) by 2pm because I am heading to Boston for dinner with some friends.
That’s two for RI.

Have a preference for a lunch stop and time that will get you home in time?

Carl - go to the 8am mass so you can join us!

·
Super Moderator
20,717 Posts
may be able...not sure right now...post a meet spot and Ill' try to be there. Heading to Nashua tomorrow to meet pete...suppose to meet him at 11:30....Nashua,nh.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Has anyone been to BT's Smokehouse in Sturbridge? Looks like 1 1/2 hours for me and around 2 hours for you Ken. We could meet around 11:30 if that's not to early for folks.

·
Administrator
16,330 Posts
BT's has good food. Getting there early is better since it does get busy.

Might even join you if it's there.

·
Super Moderator
20,717 Posts
good place BT's...small..limited seating inside,,,few tables outside but worth the trip...careful riding in the area, lotsa folk too involved looking at the store fronts instead of the road. 11:30 would be good time to avoid the crowds.

·
Administrator
16,330 Posts
I'm out. Company coming over for some pool time.

Ride safe everyone....enjoy the tasty BBQ for me.

·
Super Moderator
20,717 Posts
good lunch idea yesterday Ken...good lunch...good company (smokeater/snake/da monkey)...gotta do Curtiss's before the year is out...haven't seen his new sidekick since the other one was retired to the Big Pig Pen in the Sky...

hot as it got, still a good day to ride...glad to see you back in the saddle again Ken...lots of riding season left to hit that mileage mark...Like the idea of the Toy Factory for breakfast...will be away for the next couple sundays...after that, I'm game for any sunday...

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, good eats yesterday. It was hot on the ride home...temp was as high as 96*, but hovered in the 91-92* range. It was the first day this year that I actually missed my pool.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
That’s two for RI.

Have a preference for a lunch stop and time that will get you home in time?

Carl - go to the 8am mass so you can join us!

Sorry missed this... It is not that I had to go to Mass, I am perfect :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: No, I went with my parent's on Saturday at 4:00 PM. It was because Paula singings at the 11:00 AM Mass.

We had a good time down in Newport. Walked around Thames St. then drove the perimeter road of Newport and into Middletown. Then we meandered over to Tiverton, RI. Ended up at the Boat House for dinner and then a leisure ride home. Got to the restaurant over an hour early before the reservation so I could have a beer and sit out looking over the bay. It was a spectacular day. I could say, it could have been a little bit better if the humidity was a bit lower. But an okay day riding is better than a great day at work. So life is good.

Glad you all had a good ride and it is awesome to see you back on the bike.

·
Administrator
16,330 Posts
Yes, good eats yesterday. It was hot on the ride home...temp was as high as 96*, but hovered in the 91-92* range. It was the first day this year that I actually missed my pool.
Pool is too warm at 87 degrees.

Your welcome to make here a ride destination anytime and you can jump in the pool. Give me 24 hours notice and I might toss something in the smoker even..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts