Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. This is my first post.

I have a little question. I have a 2006 C-50. The bike only has 5400 original miles on it. I checked the date code on my tires and it is 2405. The bike is kept in a garage and I see no signs of dry rot or cracks. Should I replace them?

Thanks.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Only 5400 miles (if they are original tires) on them and it's an 06'. I would say yes. New tires for sure. They have been sitting with weight on them for most of their life.

·
Premium Member
24,484 Posts
9 year old tires...replace them! they may look good but it's not worth the risk.

And Welcome to the site!

·
Super Moderator
26,144 Posts
welcome to the family here...as for the tires...how much is your life worth...simple answer really...the price of a set of new tires...no brainer...just do it and then you don't have to worry or wonder what if...enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
IMHO, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the top brands, but be sure to have the freshest date possible. Buying on-line from venues like ebay may get you.... 9 year old brand new tires. Not what you want, as the rubber will dry out with age whether it's on a bike or a shelf. Ordering tires through your local bike shops or dealers will get you really fresh rubber, AND someone with a face to back up your purchase if there is an issue!

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
So, what tire does everybody recommend? For my cars, I love Michelin and have bought them for years. Are they a good choice for a cruiser bike?
Buy the best you can afford and themsome...There are several brands worth considering. Its like a conversation about which oil to use. It can be a personal preference at the end of the day. I use a high mileage tire because I commute everyday and put on 15-20k miles per year. I'm only looking to change tires once per year. Most riders only put a fraction of that per year so a high mileage ( high cost) tire is not necessary. You may end up with a low cost tire starting out and then upgrade the next set due to changes in your riding mileage and wear.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.