Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all... New here from Chi-Town.

Been riding (on and off) for about 45 years... starting with a '77 YZ80 dirt bike at age 12 and the natural progression from there on.
Everything from dirt bikes to enduros, crotch rockets to cruisers.
I've had too many bikes to name here over the years. Almost all have been Japanese bikes (Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda + a Triumph Bonneville) but never a Harley.
I have nothing against Harley's. But keep in mind that the AMF Harley's were absolute junk in the 70's when I started riding. So, I always opted for reliability.

Got a 2007 C50 (Silver and White two-tone) that I bought in February for a paltry $2,200 with only 3,500 original miles.
Bought it from a retired guy in Wisconsin (original owner) who barely rode it... so, it's in brand new (showroom) condition.
The bike came with a Cobra passenger backrest, saddlebag brackets, and full sized Memphis Shades clear windshield.

I've already added the following...

Show Chrome highway/crash bars
Show Chrome Front fender rail
Grasshopper driver's backrest
Saddlemen bags
LED stop/taillight bulb
LED headlight bulb
Heavy duty phone mount
Scosche handlebar mounts for my bluetooth speaker

Also did the following...

Oil change
Checked all fluids
Completely debadged the entire bike (I like the "clean" look)

Ben lurking here for awhile, picking up tips and clues for future add-ons and mods

That's about it for now. Glad to be here.

·
Super Moderator
20,442 Posts
welcome...start watching for a mustang seat...you'll tire of the stock seat soon enough...enjoy and ride safe. Some pics of the new ride would be nice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys...

I'm looking to do the Stebil horn in the near future. I'm still on the fence regarding the exhaust. Might also debadge the tank after seeing some of the pics. I like that clean look.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Welcome from Florida :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
welcome...start watching for a mustang seat...you'll tire of the stock seat soon enough...enjoy and ride safe. Some pics of the new ride would be nice.
I see you're in Columbia, Ct. Back in thew early 2000's I used to go to a house in Andover every summer for an annual musician get together called Jam Fest.
The host was a guy named Tom Neville... and his house was once an inn where a famous Revolutionary War general made his battle plans.
We played kind of loud... and really late! Sound familiar to you??

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Greetings from Arizona (at least for now)! Nice ride and good mods. X2 on the Stebel horn. Be sure to use a relay kit to wire it in. You'll fry your switch if you don't. Also, if you've been lurking, you probably seen the advise to check all your rubber tubing and the tires. Regardless of how they look, anything over 5 years must be replaced. You are riding on a patch the size of your palm. When they fail, you fall. I'd also recommend changing the brake fluid and maybe upgrading the lines to braided ones.

Plenty of friendly folks here with tons of experience and happy to share it. Jump right in and welcome.

Ride Safe & Often!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Greetings from Arizona (at least for now)! Nice ride and good mods. X2 on the Stebel horn. Be sure to use a relay kit to wire it in. You'll fry your switch if you don't. Also, if you've been lurking, you probably seen the advise to check all your rubber tubing and the tires. Regardless of how they look, anything over 5 years must be replaced. You are riding on a patch the size of your palm. When they fail, you fall. I'd also recommend changing the brake fluid and maybe upgrading the lines to braided ones.

Plenty of friendly folks here with tons of experience and happy to share it. Jump right in and welcome.

Ride Safe & Often!

Yep... everything's been checked. The tires are original, so they're getting changed very soon, despite having very little wear.. The only saving grace on the tires is that the original owner had a heated garage. So, they never got dry rotted from the seasonal changes. But, they're still getting swapped, regardless.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Bonneville was a fun bike. It always started conversations wherever I went, and other people that rode them seemed to be an odd lot.
On the downside, I had to travel farther for service and parts back in the day, since they weren't as popular as Harley's and Japanese bikes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts