Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2001 volusia 800 right rear turn signal replaced due to broken stem I used bullet connectors because the connector was rusty and decided now instead of later i now have no signals at all checked fuse and bulbs all was good i might have messed up when i had the key on and both wires touched each other was a dumb mistake on my part anyone have an idea what it might be

·
Registered
758 Posts
My first check would be to use a volt meter and check to see if I had voltage to the socket. I would put my black lead on the battery negative terminal is possible. If I had power to the socket then I would test the ground side of the socket for continuity. If there was no power to the socket I would start tracing to power wire back to find where the issue is. There is a plug under the drivers seat for the rear lights, might be worth a check to see if you have power there for the rear turn signals.
Are the front ones working?

·
Registered
758 Posts
On the rear fender behind the battery there should be a wire harness coming through a hole in the fender. On my Boulevard there is a plug in the wiring harness.
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Gesture Vehicle

This is the best picture I can come up with right now. The arrow is pointing at the plug.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,500 Posts
You are looking at the wrong fuses

Take the left side cover off.
remove tool kit
remove 3 of 4 bolts holding fake "primary cover".
the top right bolt doesn't do anything so leave it alone.
the fuse box is right above the frame rail behind the fake "primary cover"

FUSE LIST (Fuse box located under chrome cover, left side near the locking tool box)
10A HEAD-HI fuse protects the headlight high beam and high beam indicator light.
10A HEAD-LO fuse protects the headlight low beam.
10A METER fuse protects speedometer light.
15A IGNITION fuse protects ignition coil and fan motor.
15A SIGNAL fuse protects coolant temperature indicator light, turn signal indicator light, neutral indicator light, oil pressure indicator light, horn, brake. light/taillight, position light and turn signal light.
10A POWER SOURCE fuse protects the electrical accessories connected to output terminal (Headlight Bucket connector)

Reactions: Woodswoman
1 - 10 of 10 Posts