Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Super Moderator
26,232 Posts
at worst, keep an eye on your mileage and don't let it go past 150 miles...had that issue once and I just used 140 as a reminder I need gas...believe the tanks are 4.5 gallons unless its changed...even at 40 mpg that should get you 180 miles...

· Registered
11 Posts

· Super Moderator
34,520 Posts
I got one better. I just bought a 2004 Intruder with under 12,000 miles in October 2022. I had to replace the original 18 year-old tires!
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

Glad you got them replaced. Can't believe the PO kept them on the that long. I'm guessing it hasn't been ridden for a few years.

· Registered
3 Posts
My 80 year-old friend had the bike for 3 years, and I don't know how he survived.
He just went on one last 50 mile ride like that!
I couldn't get it to steer.
Checked tire pressure.
10 pounds front tire, 15 in rear!
I took it to a Suzuki dealer, and just got it back.
Cost $350. for 2 tires.
$908. for the rest, which includes 2 tubes and labor to install the tires, complete maintenance, and replacement of speedo sensor with cable when it comes in.
Now, the fuel gauge blinks that it is empty, when actually full, and speedometer doesn't work.
I read previous thread about possible causes. I suspect the dealer's mechanic doesn't know what he's doing and will go elsewhere next time.

· Super Moderator
26,232 Posts
check the plug that connects to the speedo...had that happen once with my o4,,,they forgot to replug it when they were putting the mc back together after doing some maintenance...tank was full...gas gauge was blinking......brought it back...2 minutes later all set to go. Hope thats all it is.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts