Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this 2003 800 Volusia 40th and it had foot boards. Problem is my boot toe won't go under the shifter, causing me trouble when up shifting. I removed the rubber boot but still very tight. Any suggestions? Do they make a different shift lever for them? I wear size 12 shoes, but never been a problem on the other bikes I've owned

·
Registered
19,507 Posts
The height of the shifter is adjustable. There is a barrel nut on the shaft that when turned, lenghtens or shortens the overall shifter, raising or lowering its relative position.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Heh. I had this problem... you know what they say about guys with big shoes.

But, yes. It is adjustable. When I adjusted mine I didn't like the new position so I brought it back to where it was. I just slide in halfway from the left now or use the heel shifter.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you run out of room on the barrel nut you might have to move it a tooth on the shaft. Just make sure you take a sharpi our something and mark the original location. Well save some time if you over shoot where you want it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
988 Posts
Sorry not to hijack. I have an 07 C50 and I am assuming if you raise the toe the heel drops automatically without having to adjust clutch etc?

I put Johns forwards on and love the riding position but I also have a lower seat now and the heel height is a little hiqh now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an 03 Vol 40th. If you have only a toe shifter, you probably have aftermarket footboards and you can adjust the shifter wherever you want. If you have factory boards with a heel toe shifter,and you adjust the toe shifter high enough to get your toe under it the heel shifter will be down so far your foot will hit the board before the shifter moves far enough to complete the shift.
So you can adjust it to have a toe shifter or a heel toe shifter but its hard to have both unless you want to ride barefooted so you can get your toe under the shifter.J9HN.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Yea..yea....guys with big feet have smelly shoes.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
I wouldn't have told nobody that.

Translated: I would not of expressed those thoughts.
Now everybody wants to know from where you gained that knowledge.
:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I'll see if I can adjust it. Its a single lever without the toe-heel option, so should help. Men with big feet seem to attract more girls!! I wonder why???????????????????
Thanks for all the info

1 - 12 of 12 Posts