Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

no more plastidip , paint ideas?

4K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  stantt52 
#1 ·
well, since I decided to keep the C50 its time for a real paint job and not plasti dip, Im thinking FLAT BLACK , I know the flat looks its played out already but I like it, question is how durable is a flat paint job against scratchs etc??? other idea is going nuts and paint some bright color like chrome yellow or kawasaki green or hemi orange...etc...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a truly FLAT BLACK sportbike, painted myself, and it is difficult to keep clean. Dust and lint seems to be the biggest enemy, as there is no way to wipe it off the bike. When I wash it, I immediately ride it to dry it off, as you can't really towel it off or, more dust and lint. Maybe a hair dryer? This is why you see so many of them with satin clear over it, that way it can be washed and dried without the paint grabbing things from the cloth. Bug guts? That's called a repaint.

#4 ·
Flat black is a colossal pain in the butt to keep clean. Think about an old fashioned chalk board. No matter how much you used the eraser or washed it down with water, chalk remained in the pores of the board. The same goes for flat black paint. Not only does it show every bit of dust or lint, but it also shows spots, fingerprints and every other imperfection you care to imagine. Great for a garage queen or a show bike, hellacious for anything else.

Reactions: 10-64
#5 ·
I think Im going with hemi orange with black stripes running down the middle of the fenders and tank, black wheels , black dj drive (once comes in) , black lowers and headlight bucket, keep the engine and pipes chrome for now.

#7 ·
decided to paint it WHITE , everything else on the bike will be black/chrome

here some pics of I done so far

painted DJ Drive, brake hub,lowers,covers and triple tree..etc... black using Rustoleum Appliance epoxy, really glossy and dries hard :shades:

now waiting on the painter :bigoops:

Attachments

#21 ·
Wow, that came out very nice. Where did you get that luggage rack? Was that made to go with the Mustang seat bracket?
Everything looks great.

#23 ·
more pics, the luggage rack I got it from a VR member couple of months ago, I had to modified to fit the mustang seat

I dont have the stripes yet, but I really like the all white look

Attachments

#24 ·
Who needs stripes? Besides zebras, anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.