Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
60's...sunny...new position at work has me going in later on Saturday, 6 pm...nice but unfortunately earlier on sunday...2 pm...kinda feel like you lose a day...get home late satuday by 3:30 am, in bed by 4...up by 11 am...couple cups of java with the wife...then back to work...glad mon tue wed are 4:30-1 am...anyway...so took advantage of the pleasant weather and just did the frazier/ali...thrilla in manila...rotating rights and lefts,,, eventually making it back home in time to change. grab the 4 wheels and head to work. Passed a lot of bikes on the road...good to see...only thing missing was the better half on the seat behind me..have to make it up to her Thursday...maybe head to the RI shoreline for some lunch...let her buy...of course...the least she can do...my company has to be worth something...don't go there...anyway...will try to sneak in a quickie before heading to work tomorrow...ride of course...although if I have a choice....nevermind...shame Easter isn't considered a gvnt holiday...not complaining of course w/all the holidays we get... As you can see...slow nite here at work....anyway...have a good easter all.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Hey Dennis. Great to hear that you got a chance to ride today. Beautiful weather. Saw lots of bikes out today and was a little frustrated, as I took the rear fender off my bike to start the installation of an extra set of tail/turn/stop lights, so the bike wasn’t rideable. Hope to finish that project on Monday and have it back on the road ASAP.

Ride Safe and see you in May.

·
Super Moderator
25,670 Posts
Glad to hear you managed to sneak a ride in. Won't be long and it'll be a regular thing again. Have fun at work. :)

·
Super Moderator
20,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Dennis. Great to hear that you got a chance to ride today. Beautiful weather. Saw lots of bikes out today and was a little frustrated, as I took the rear fender off my bike to start the installation of an extra set of tail/turn/stop lights, so the bike wasn’t rideable. Hope to finish that project on Monday and have it back on the road ASAP.

Ride Safe and see you in May.
suppose to do the projects when the white stuff is on the ground so when days like today arrive you are ready to ride...sure you weren't a blonde in a previous life...one of those hmmmmmm things I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
And I thought you were a friend Dennis!

Been trying to get those types of projects done all winter, but I have too many for the time available. (Long story). I was supposed to have my son’s boat project done and out by the end of February. My part just got done this past weekend. I’m months behind and stuff just keeps piling up. At this rate, I’m never gonna get my motorcycle trailer built in time for the Yankee Rally.

·
Super Moderator
20,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still trying to figure out why guys trailer their mc's to a rally...the HD guys I can understand...they usually roll it off the trailer and then sit and admire it the whole weekend...occasionally roll it a few feet forward and back to not get flat spots on the tires from sitting too long...so..we'll exuse them..the rest...unexcuseable...ride the damn thing there....ride it while your there...then ride the damn thing home.

·
Administrator
16,333 Posts
We'll be trailering to this years Yankee (first time) - just cant figure out how to get the 10x20 canopies, the tables, chairs and fire pit strapped onto the motorcycles :)

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Dennis. I understand your prospective on trailering and if I was coming solo, I would. But the better half is coming too and A) she doesn’t ride and B) she needs something to drive while the rest of us fools are out playing around.

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
We'll be trailering to this years Yankee (first time) - just cant figure out how to get the 10x20 canopies, the tables, chairs and fire pit strapped onto the motorcycles :)
Just don't let Dennis figure out how to strap them on. Not after his trunk fiasco. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Thanks Dennis, after feeling sorry for you with the rough winter, I guess now, the big fellow is going after the rest of us. Just saw the weather, 1-3" tonight, heavy rain Tuesday, snow and rain thru next weekend.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Was a nice day. I did chores all morning. Then half way through poop scooping the back yard, I said to myself, "seriously?"
15 min later I was on the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Was a nice day. I did chores all morning. Then half way through poop scooping the back yard, I said to myself, "seriously?"
15 min later I was on the bike.
If it was between scooping poop and riding, that’s a no brainer. Just about anything beats scooping poop....even pushing my bike around the neighborhood (uphill even).

·
Super Moderator
25,670 Posts
I'm kind of disappointed for this weekend. The weather is absolutely beautiful and I'm not getting to ride. Had to burn down the pile of limbs and leaves in the backyard yesterday because the burn ban in our area starts on April 1 and if it wasn't done yesterday I wouldn't be able to do it until October. Today? Yeah, it's Easter so I have to go to my parents house. I've actually been sitting here looking at Google Maps and wondering if I could get away with taking the bike to my parents house and leave my wife in the van with the boys by herself. >:)

·
Premium Member
3,712 Posts
still trying to figure out why guys trailer their mc's to a rally...the HD guys I can understand...they usually roll it off the trailer and then sit and admire it the whole weekend...occasionally roll it a few feet forward and back to not get flat spots on the tires from sitting too long...so..we'll exuse them..the rest...unexcuseable...ride the damn thing there....ride it while your there...then ride the damn thing home.
Hey ! Dave rode to OctoVRfest...where were you ?? Of course he had to truck it home, but that was his woman's fault :biglaugh:

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
Got more snow last night. I'm hooking up to the RV and heading south Wednesday for a month or so. Missouri for a weekend, then on to Louisiana for a week or so of fishing, then TX for a few days, then on to OK for a few more days and then home. Should be back by the end of April and maybe the weather here will be a bit better.

To much driving to take the bike along and I'll be too busy anyway. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I used to work in the yard everyday, cherished the landscaping. Painted the house every 4 years just because I liked it, knocked out the "honey do" list like you read about. Plus I scooped poop. Got the bikes and things have seemed to change. The house is going to shat. Thank God she got a bike also. Couldn't play this any better.

Yes, yesterday was perfect...60 mile ride. This afternoon looks good also.

·
Super Moderator
20,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dennis. I understand your prospective on trailering and if I was coming solo, I would. But the better half is coming too and A) she doesn’t ride and B) she needs something to drive while the rest of us fools are out playing around.
totally understand...the wife always meets me wherever we homebase...whether on vacation, rally, weekend getaway...so I understand...also nice and convienent to have the "extra" space available to bring things along...in all honesty tho... sometimes I just enjoy being me and the road...no knock on the missus...sort of best of both worlds...get the riding alone part on the front end ...then the riding together part and then the freedom to pretty much get home when I get home ride on the tail end...fwiw...think the wife enjoys her alone time on the bookend rides there and here...can’t blame her...sometimes I wish I could get a break from me.

·
Super Moderator
20,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
we should make it come as you are...rally Indian Style... no chairs, no tables, sit on the ground by the fire, sleep on the ground by the fire, no showers...find the nearest lake...could always use their pool...men just sit around the fire passing the peace pipe...woman doing the woman thing, cooking, cleaning finding new ways to please their man...yep... Maybe the Indians had it right. And yet, we have tried to keep it pretty simple in our rallies. Reminds me...I have to make a note to pack the Keurig...:roll:

·
Super Moderator
20,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Dennis, after feeling sorry for you with the rough winter, I guess now, the big fellow is going after the rest of us. Just saw the weather, 1-3" tonight, heavy rain Tuesday, snow and rain thru next weekend.
that's a New England april fools joke...it wouldn't dare.....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts